This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transferring from another server

Hi, my boss wants me to transfer his website to vodahost, on my recommendation, I will then build a new site for him. I have been in touch with his current web builder and they have asked me to supply them with the Ips tag which I understand is ENOM. Is this correct and once I have given them that what do I do to get the site transferred. Obviously we will still need the site running until the new one has been built.

I hope this makes sense and look forward to your reply.

Jan

Re: transferring from another server

Hi,

I am not sure about the steps to transfer the service.
    However, I set the client up with their voda host package for a year. Then I set up the new page/pages and not publish it immediatly. Then when the site was up and ready to go, I put in a forwarding domain name option with the old host site and had the new pages published. My client only has a little time left on their contract with the old host so making the change did not cost them much in extra fees.

So now we have the name registered with an old company, but forwarded to Voda Host and the site is up and running. This will get you going until you can get the name transferred to. Just give the old name host the DNS numbers for your new account for your client.

Not sure if this helps, but it is as much as I know to help right now.

God Bless
    Rafiki

Comment

Thanks for your reply, but the current host will not change the name servers, it wants the tag, so will have to put a support ticket in me thinks.

But thanks again for trying to help.

Jan

Comment

From your question I assume do not know and neither does your website builder know how to transfer.

My recommendations is for you to submit a support ticket and request VH to to do the transfer for you. They only charge a nominal fee of USD30.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
        X