Domain names in VH - duplicated domains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zzzmuzz
    First Sergeant

• Dec 2007

Domain names in VH - duplicated domains?

I have never understood the difference between the addon domain and the root-addon domain.

eg When I add a domain, I end up with two entries.

1. newdomain.com and,
    2. newdomain.olddomain.com

I am never which I should be using. Currently I am in the process of installing Joomla on a new domain. The new domain is setup correctly and the folder is where it should be in public.html.

Which is correct - to add Joomla (an other Fantasico add-ons) to 1 or 2?

Or does it not matter?

Thanks brilliant ones!
    Cheers,
    Muzz
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Domain names in VH - duplicated domains?

An addon domain is a domain that is hosted in the same hosting account. There is no such thing as root - aqddon domain.

When you add an addon domain, since it needs its own space within your hosting account, cpanel automatically creates ALSO the relevant dubdomain.

In example, when you add "newdomain.com" automatically the subdomain "newdomain.olddomain.com" is also created.

Actually, cpanel creates a folder for the new domain, which is, for the new domain, its "root folder", as public html is the root folder for the olddomain.

If you want to use Joomla as main site for the new domain, you should NOT be installing it in public_html, but in this "root" folder that cpanel created for the new domain, whatever that is called.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X