• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjmao1
    Sergeant

• Apr 2007

Change of Main Domain Name

My main domain site is no longer active. I plan to discontinue that site. If I change the main domain name to another active site, is there a big impact to my other web sites? Do I have to reload all the files to the server? Should I use the most active web site as the main domain at Vodahost?
  • mikelangelo11
    Private

• Mar 2010

Re: Change of Main Domain Name

You just have to email the customer service team to request for a change of the main domain related with the account. There is a small charge for this.

You will also need to delete all files (NOT folders) from public_html and then publish the new main domain files in public_html.

After this all is complete, you can remove the folder where the (addon) domain was in, since it will now be in public_html.

Edited by Navaldesign.

Comment

• DarrenC
      Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Or........remove all the pages for this primary domain and publish a single holding page (obviously don't let the domain name expire) and leave everything else as it is.
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• raicol
        Private First Class

• May 2010

You both are right .

Regards,
        Raicol

Comment

what's a single holding page?

Comment

• navaldesign
            General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

It means a single page to inform visitors of the changes made or the fact that the website is to be shut down. It should be the index page.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X