• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vijeetgv
    Private First Class

• Jun 2009

Unsure: New account with a domain transfer

Hi
    We had a domain (& hosting account) registered in someone's name at Vodahost and we had the access to its cPanel but the owner didn't enlist us as its administrative contacts (& we never had access to e-mail address for the administrative contact). Now just the next day after the domain expiration date, we saw a whois information change—it's showing:Registrar: ENOM, INC.

With expiration date extended by one year. Now how to get this domain? We want to setup a new vodahost account by getting this domain.

Most importantly I don't know if we did right or not: yesterday we "Ordered" a domain at vodahost.net and chose the option "
    I want to transfer my domain to VodaHost" And selected the same domain name (which was shown available for 1 year) and ordered a triennial package giving all payment information. I don't know if the transfer will fail or succeed. But what about the payment made? Will it be used to get us a new domain (of our choice)? Or refunded to us? Or worse: will we lose the money? Or what exactly we should do?
  • vijeetgv
    Private First Class

• Jun 2009

Re: Unsure: New account with a domain transfer

Alright what Vodahost has done is created a hosting account for me (thanks, the money isn't wasted!) but the domain name I don't think I'm going to get for it was locked after the expiration date. The problem is the cPanel is still showing Main Domain as the one I entered while registering. So, if I want to get a new domain (as my Main Domain) OR wait for the old domain to properly expire (after its grace & redemption period) then can anyone tell exactly what I'm supposed to do?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

You cant buy a domain name with a current registration.
      It is still regstered under the name of the original owner.

Only the orignal owner can make the transfer.

Enom Inc. is the registrar for Voda Host so the best option is to submit a support ticket if you can.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• vijeetgv
        Private First Class

• Jun 2009

Million thanks to Vodasupport! I was thinking we've a web-hosting account without a domain, so will we have to go without a domain till the old domain fully expires... I submitted 3 support tickets and conversing with them, they registered a different domain of our choice for free! Thanks for their prompt replies! We now have the site up & running first class!

Comment

Working...
        X