Change site to be hosted by VodaHost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change site to be hosted by VodaHost

Hi, I already have a site built using Wordpress which is hosted with another hosting company. I would like to move the site to VodaHost. I have added a subdomain to my main domain http://www.designpalette.co.uk which is called www.the-primo-vacations-travel-club.com (which is the name of the site I want to move) I have downloaded the contents of the site from the existing host and then uploaded that to the new VodaHost subdomain directory (www.the-primo-vacations-travel-club.com) and then I changed the name servers to the VodaHost ones. But when I went to run the site - I got an
    Error establishing a database connection

error. I can had to change the name servers back now as I need the site accessible. I would be really grateful if someone can tell me what I need to do to change the hosting. Regards Richard

Re: Change site to be hosted by VodaHost

First, for terminology.

It doesn't sound like you have added a subdomain...instead you should have set up an "Add On Domain" from your cPanel. So, make sure you check that first. The 'add on domain' will come from pointing your DNS servers from your previous hosting account to your new Voda account.

As far as the database connection errors you're receiving, you will need to go to "My SQL databases" in your Voda cPanel and add the databases.

You will find these databases in the content you saved from your blog before importing it to your new host. Usually they will be named something like "wordpress_1."

Add this SQL database and add a username for the database too.

If you haven't deleted your Wordpress blog from your old hosting account, you can usually use the "Import" option from your new "settings" menu in your new blog.

I understand this is kinda wordy...but this is fairly technical stuff...so I'm not sure how to make it simple english.

To recap though, first try the "Import" option from your new Wordpress blog on your Voda account...and see if this solves your problem.

If not, you'll need to create new SQL databases for your new blog to get rid of the error message.
    Check out these sites made exclusively with BlueVoda!

Powerline1000.com
    ObePro.com

Comment

Re: Change site to be hosted by VodaHost

Hey, big man! You always come to my rescue. Thanks for this. We must have a huge catch up soon. I will try your solution which I'm sure is sound advice

Comment

Working...
      X