Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • webbuilderDS

Domain at another Registrar...publishing problems

I'm having a publishing issue with a site I'm doing for a client.
    He signed up for VodaHost initially wanting to transfer his domain
    He ended up keeping the domain at Go_*****
    We went into the nameservers at Go_***** and changed them to the appropriate ones from his VodaHost account information - we did this over a week ago.

It's still not publishing after a week.
    I have put in three support tickets and have not received an answer other than sending me to the basic publishing tutorial which is not answering my questions nor solving the problem. (and is very frustrating)

Questions -
    1. Did it mess things up since he signed up to transfer his domain initially but is keeping it now with Go_*****? If so, how do we correct this?

2. Did I enter the nameservers correctly as ns... in lieu of the numbers 75...?

3. His domain is not at VodaHost so he does not need to go through the VodaHost Portal and change nameservers there correct? Or does he?

Everything I enter when trying to publish has been checked, rechecked and tried again. Username, IP, Password, address - all correct.

Still getting the 550 error...
    Thank you in advance for your help.
  • zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Re: Domain at another Registrar...publishing problems

Goto this link and read the archive threads to see where you had gone wrong.

Pointing your domain names to VH servers...........
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• webbuilderDS

Link above takes me no where - I get....
      "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."
      If someone could at least answer my questions from above.
      When pointing the nameservers do I put in the "ns1.voda##.com" nameserver "name" or do I put in the numbers - "75.##.##.##"
      Did it mess things up the way he sighned up for VodaHost by checking the box that said "Transfer" and then deciding later not to transfer?
      Is there anything I need to do in the Portal - changing the nameservers there? The domain is not with VodaHost so I don't think there is, but if there is something else I need to do in the control panel or on the Portal page please let me know.
      Thank you
      P.S. I watched the Go__***** tutorial for nameservers and it is not Go_****** current site - you may want to update this - it's very different now....

Comment

• Marincky
        General

• Apr 2006

what is the domain url please?
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• webbuilderDS

The URL is www.dancaldemeyer.com
          I have turned in 8 support tickets on this and I have never had so many problems publishing as I have with this site nor not getting any answers from support. Usually they've been great. I keep getting one line comments (they're not answers) from support on this like -
          "You need to publish the index page"
          or
          "Your nameserver numbers are ns..."
          or
          "Your username and password are...."
          I know all that!! They aren't even reading my questions and I can't even get a yes or no answer...
          Please help.... This isn't my first site, nor my first issue but it is the first time I haven't been able to solve it....
          1. I keep getting the 550 error
          2. I have entered everything correctly
          3. The client signed up as a domain transfer and then decided to keep the domain at GO***** IS THIS THE PROBLEM? The way he signed up?? If so - how do we correct it?
          4. The nameservers have been changed and are correct at Go_*****
          5. I can publish other sites pages without issue, it isn't my computer
          6. Support published the index page when I sent them the file - but I can't publish from the builder. When they published it of course the pictures didn't show up - so that was no use. Then they sent me a reply about the pics - that's not the issue!! The 550 error and not being able to publish this site is the issue.
          It's been over a week. I had this problem before and it finally published - But that was with a page on site that already had the index page published...I can't even get his index page published....
          7. What are any other solutions to the 550 error -
          8. Can I upload to the CPanel and get it published from there? How do I do that if that's a possibility?
          9. What else can I possible check?
          Help....the client is a really impatient one as well...of course....
          Thank you in advance...Please especially answer the one about how he signed up...#3 just a "Yes that could be the problem or no that can't be it" - Support hasn't answered yes or no to that one....
          10. Possible reasons why support could publish it and I couldn't from my builder?
          Thanks again....

Comment

• Marincky
            General

• Apr 2006

Whilst I read through the rest, the answer to 3 is NO.. the domain is set up correctly I can see that.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Marincky
              General

• Apr 2006

can you tell me exactly from top to bottom what's typed into your publishing box properties please... apart from your username and password.

Comment

• webbuilderDS

Thanks so much for your help Ramsey,
                Server IP - 74.126.104.146
                Username - d*****
                Password - *********
                Folder - public_html/www.dancaldemeyer.com -
                Files - Publish all files
                I have tried every combo in the folder box - www.dancaldemeyer, www.dancaldemeyer.com, dancaldemeyer.com, www.dancaldemeyer.com/index.html, dancaldemeyer.com/index.html, dancaldemeyer/index.html, www.dancaldemeyer/index.html....etc. All with public_html/ first - All still get 550 error

One thing I tried because I just renewed my Security system is to restore back to a point before I renewed - that didn't work. I've also shut down my firewall etc. Didn't work...

Another thing...my other pages for other sites were working fine...now they're not publishing either...all are getting the 550...I'm going into panic mode now...any help is very much appreciated.

Comment

• webbuilderDS

More information...
                  I just did a "test" page for several of the other sites I've done for myself or for clients.
                  My main domain is askandieamerson.com - I can't publish the test page - I get the 550 error - That site has been up for a long time
                  My add-on domain is exceptionalnationalmarketing.com - I CAN publish the test page for that site.
                  My sub-domain for that domain is shadows.exceptionalnationalmarketing.com - no go - got the 550 error
                  My clients domains - all getting the 550 error on trying the publish the test page...
                  I'm putting in all the right info. on each of them...Like I've mentioned - I've published ALOT of pages for ALOT of sites...
                  Why only publishing on my add-on domain and on NOTHING else?? This is a huge issue for me as I have several sites under construction and if I can't publish...well...I don't want to think about it....
                  Thanks for any help!!

Comment

• Marincky
                    General

• Apr 2006

Ok well the correct folder details should be public_html/dancaldemeyer.com

However, you already know this as you say you have tried every combination.

It sounds to me like you know what you're doing, as you say, you've published a lot of sites in the past and never had any issues.

I'm happy for you to send me any problem site to see if I can publish for you? Might be worth trying?

I just had a look at that domain again and it looks to me like you HAVE been sucessful in publishing to it as there are images on that server from your pages.

You are definitely publishing the home page as index all lower case?

Comment

• webbuilderDS

Thank you Ramsey,
                      Yes...all in lowercase and I tried just now to publish again. How do I send you the pages? If I can get the index page at least that would be great.
                      I never published anything for this site - support did, but the pictures don't show up. How do we do that? Do I send you the pictures as well?
                      This really does not solve the overall problem. I can't get anything else to publish either - what do I need to do? What could the possible problems be? Everything was fine with all my sites - now most are not publishiing. The only thing I have changed on my computer in the last month is re-newing my security system. But I restored to an earlier date and that didn't work either.... Is there something that I need to do with BlueVoda builder? Is there something that VodaHost can do?
                      Another note - what is up with support?????? They have absolutely been no help at all. We're now on ticket 12 and all they keep sending me is these one line (excuse me) stupid responses....
                      Also, no one ever calls me back - I've left my phone number three times at support voicemail and tickets.

Comment

• Marincky
                        General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by webbuilderDS View Post
                        The only thing I have changed on my computer in the last month is re-newing my security system.
                        Alarm bells are ringing now...

I do hate computer security, often it's way over the top and if anything slows up and stops you doing half the things you want to do.

What is it? Mcaffe? Norton? remove it whatever it is...

Comment

• webbuilderDS

I know that you think that's it...I did too...BUT....
                          It's Trend and it's the same security I've had for years and I love it - I'm not going to remove my security from my computer -
                          I didn't buy it new - just renewed the subscription
                          Also, I went back to a restore point before I renewed and it publishing still didn't work.
                          Also, I turned it off - still didn't work.
                          Also, I turned the firewall off - still didn't work...
                          It's the same security that I had when everything was working.
                          I just mentioned it in case there was something I missed - turning or tweaking something...
                          Again, why can I publish on exceptionalnationalmarketing.com and nothing else? I've tried 5 different sites that I've done for myself or others - all getting the 550 except for enm....
                          Also, then it can't be security if it's working on one of them...
                          I'm tired...I'm going to go have a margarita...

Comment

• CarbonTerry
                            Major General

• Oct 2005

Is this an Add On domain?
                            Why not publish to public_html ?????
                            CarbonTerry
                            Semper Fi
                            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                            Zone 5 Photo
                            My USMC

Comment

• CarbonTerry
                              Major General

• Oct 2005

According to the list of VH Name Servers there is no "74.126.104.146"
                              You have probably had a server update to a new server#.
                              What is your Server Name (NSxxxx) ???
                              CarbonTerry
                              Semper Fi
                              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                              Zone 5 Photo
                              My USMC

Comment

Working...
                              X