• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaggieS
    Sergeant

• May 2007

Add on domain

I have today purchased an add on domain via Voda and just wondered

a) how long it will take to be 'live'? I have added a forum - the reason for the new site - and hoped to be able to tidy it up set up topics etc while waiting but I cant seem to do anything until the site is live (I think)

and

b) I have noticed that on whois all my details are there for anyone to see full address/tel number etc surely in these times of ID fraud all of a persons details should not be made available like that? (sorry having a wee moan)

(ID15095)
  • zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Re: Add on domain

If your new domain has been confirmed by Voda Host as current you can add-on the new domain name from your cpanel. It should be live when you publish your new index page to the add-on domain.

2] You can hide your personal information on whois.
    You will have to pay a small fee for the service.
    Submit a support ticket to VodaSupport or goto Voda Billing directly.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• MaggieS
      Sergeant

• May 2007

Thank you

I have uploaded an index page but still nothing. Maybe I have done it all wrong!!! I will go check it all out again.

I have checked. I have an index.html page acccording to the file manager under the add on domain (burnleywood.info) but still nothing is showing online and I still cant work out how to set up the forum. I am assuming I cant do anything with it until it is online for me to log on and go to admin??

(ID15095)

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

When you purchase an addon, you must also enter your VH Billing Services control panel and point the DNS to your VH account. Did you ?
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• MaggieS
          Sergeant

• May 2007

Do you mean the bit about ns1.voda38.com I remember doing that.

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Originally posted by MaggieS View Post
            Do you mean the bit about ns1.voda38.com I remember doing that.
            Maggie,

Here are threads relating to the same subject from the search archives.

Spend sometime reading them and find the one which is identical to your problem.

Add-on domain..........
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• MaggieS
              Sergeant

• May 2007

Well Ihave tried everything. I also sent in a support ticket yesterday and got a reply that it was being 'transferred to domains'. I have since heard nothing. I have sent another ticket direct to 'domains' - nothing. I have spent most of this afternoon trying to even get the vodahost page up but 'Interent Explorer cannot show page'.

I am getting (to say the least) irritated now.

I only got on here now by going through another site which had a link to vodahost................

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Do you mind explaining pls ?

1. What's your primary domain ?
                2. What do you mean by "I have spent most of this afternoon trying to even get the vodahost page up but 'Interent Explorer cannot show page'."?
                3. What do you mean by "I only got on here now by going through another site which had a link to vodahost................"?

If I correctly understand what you are referring to in points 2 & 3, you can't get the VH site and forum in your browser ?
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Ok, I have (I believe) found both your main domain AND your addon domain folder: http://taylor-housing.co.uk/burnleywood.info/

This means that the index page has been correctly published.

I also see that the DNS has correctly propagated as a Who Is search shows the correct nameservers.

So the only possible explanation is that the procedure for addin the domain as Addon in CPanel was not successfull.

Does the new domain appear under "Addon Domains" in your CPanel ?
                  Navaldesign

Comment

• MaggieS
                    Sergeant

• May 2007

Hello navaldesign

The main account is taylor-housing.co.uk

I mean exactly what I said. Most of this afternoon I have spent a) trying to get off a support ticket but when I click submit I get 'Internet Explorer cannot show page'

That is on the few occasions I have actually been able to get to the Voda site in the first place. At first I could through the Blue Voda button for 'customer support' but then even that would not go anywhere just the message 'Internet Explorer cannot.....etc'

I have kept trying most of today in the end I found a site which was doing a review on Vodahost (a very good review at that) and they had a link which I clicked with little hope and bang! I had Vodahost up!

I have since tried to go via the usual means and it is working again. This happened yesterday evening too. I presumed at first being a bank holiday weekend perhaps they are working on the site or something??? Though Voda is in the US so maybe not.

Sorry I am rambling now.

The important thing for me is that I can't get my add on to work. grrrrrr

Comment

• MaggieS
                      Sergeant

• May 2007

Sorry I missed your last. Yes it is all in there in the CP.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

I can suggest something, but its just a try.

REMOVE the addon from cpanel.
                        Then, add it again.

Make sure that when you add it again, it is pointed to the correct folder, that is burnleywood.info.
                        You can verify this by going in CPanel, Addon Domains, at the bottom the new addon should be listed and the Root folder displayed should be "public_html/burnleywood.info"

If this doesn't work, it could be an issue with the addon domains server (which I doubt, because, as I said, the DNS seem correctly pointed) and you can only wait for the VH help desk to solve the issue. Eventually make a reminder post in the SAME ticket you had already submitted (through the support portal)
                        Navaldesign

Comment

• MaggieS
                          Sergeant

• May 2007

Okay I will try that. Thank you for the suggestion. I'll try anything now. God I'll dance naked round a tree if it will help.......................

Comment

• MaggieS
                            Sergeant

• May 2007

Stillnothing from support - that has been 25hours and I gave it HIGH priority!

Comment

• MaggieS
                              Sergeant

• May 2007

Can anybody tell me how long is normal to wait to hear from support?

I have never had any trouble like this before.

I have to go all round the houses to get onto any Voda site though I can go anywhere else easily. I am beginning to feel paranoid. Thats just me though female, certain age etc etc..... I am starting to think they are blocking me or something..............crazy I know but it is so frustrating.

All I get using my address bar is Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. Even when I click on the link in the automated reply to my support ticket I get the same thing.

This time I got here after clicking on a hosting prices comparison site and clicking on Voda.

Any time I have used support before it has all been sorted within a couple of hours - they have always been brilliant.

This time it is hellish. My boss is ringing me every 30 mins to see if I have got this sorted. (I am being paid to get this site up this weekend - good money too because it is the holiday weekend - he is getting somewhat irked with me now).

Sorry to rant. The question was how long is normal to wait to hear from support..............................

I am not moaning (well a bit I suppose) I think Blue Voda and Voda are great and have never had a problem until this weekend. I recommend to everyone but now I am tearing my hair out.............

Comment

Working...
                              X