Help me to help my daughter-in-law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me to help my daughter-in-law

A couple of months ago I purchased the register of a domain name and the hosting at VodaHost for the web site www.carol-gourmet.com as a gift for my daughter-in-law, Carolina.

I had not yet learnt that it could have been an add-on of my own web site (Well, my mistake... and I paid for it. LOL)

I got all the information for creating the site and transferred it to Carolina's laptop. As her first attempts have not worked OK, I would like to make amendments to her site from my side. However, I have no access to her laptop as she is located in Panama City and I am in Caracas.

How can I access her site from MY computer ?? I do have the ID and password. Please advise.

------------
    German

www.alfil-sa.com (under construction)
    German
    www.alfil-sa.com

Re: Help me to help my daughter-in-law

The best way is to have her email you a copy of her entire Blue Voda folder (with her BV .bvd pages, 'images' folder - everything!) along with the original folder that she held her images in, so that way once you Publish them yourself on your system they will re-associate properly and allow you the opportunity to view and manipulate them as needed.

Otherwise, you will have to copy down the .html files out from her account and spend the time to re-construct the pages manually before publishing them once thru your system to get them re-associated and populated with the images and elements on a local level.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Another alternative! Might be something like Log me in or some other remote computer access software. (Search for remote desktop on Google). The nice thing about this, is she can watch you operate BV from your end on her screen & learn from it. You will both need broadband for this to work well.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
        The best way is to have her email you a copy of her entire Blue Voda folder (with her BV .bvd pages, 'images' folder - everything!) along with the original folder that she held her images in, so that way once you Publish them yourself on your system they will re-associate properly and allow you the opportunity to view and manipulate them as needed.

Otherwise, you will have to copy down the .html files out from her account and spend the time to re-construct the pages manually before publishing them once thru your system to get them re-associated and populated with the images and elements on a local level.
        Hi Vasili

I do have all the files, ID and password.
        The problem is that, when I try to publish an amended page, the Server IP No. is not displayed in the Publish Web Page window. There appear only the Nos. given for alfil-sa.com site but not the one(s) for carol-gourmet.com
        What do I do at this point?

---------
        German
        German
        www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
          Another alternative! Might be something like Log me in or some other remote computer access software. (Search for remote desktop on Google). The nice thing about this, is she can watch you operate BV from your end on her screen & learn from it. You will both need broadband for this to work well.

Hi Chris:

Thank for the idea.
          If I can not solve the problem following Vasili's help, I will try using the remote access to Carolina's laptop.

-----------
          German
          German
          www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Download a fresh copy of Bluevoda. This will include all the IP addresses to date.
            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenC View Post
              Download a fresh copy of Bluevoda. This will include all the IP addresses to date.

Darren C, thanks a lot !!

That was exactly what I had to do.
              After installing the current VB version, I got access to the site and was able to make some amendments.

----------

German
              German
              www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Originally posted by germansin View Post
                Darren C, thanks a lot !!

That was exactly what I had to do.
                After installing the current VB version, I got access to the site and was able to make some amendments.

----------

German
                No worries....good luck with the site!!
                Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
                X