• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • start living
    Special Status

• Apr 2008

Domains

Hello,
    Thanx to Vasili for the info on my "non-exisiting" domain.
    I have now purchased a new domain name to do my work

I have watched the tutorials, but dont know if this is now an add on or a domain on its own - I have a domain called sitesunion.com - does this mean that this domain name will have to feature in my new site name on the net?
    Or is it now ready to be used and published to via fxsystems.com?
    thank you
    hans
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Domains

1. No matter where you purchased the domain, you will need to add it to your VodaHost hosting account as an "Add-On" Domain.
    Adding an additional add-on domain name to your account

2. If you purchased the domain from a Registrar other than VodaHost, after you have successfully created an Add-On in your account, you will need to go to that Registrar and set Nameservers to your assigned servers at VodaHost so it can "find" the hosting account to "point" to.
    DNS Nameserver Tutorials

If you purchased/registered the domain from Enom through VodaHost or​ transferred to VodaHost, you will also need to set the Nameservers for the domain, for it is simply just sitting there in your account not knowing where to point to ..... you'll need to review the Tutorials on setting your VodaHost registered (through Enom) domain Nameservers ...
    VodaHost’s name servers?
    Making DNS/Nameserver changes at Enom.com

3. Once you have successfully created an Add-On to your VodaHost account, made Nameserver entries, then you can begin publishing your Blue Voda pages following the following protocols:
    Differences in Domain Types via URL Examples:
    http://www.PrimaryDomain.com
    http://www.AddOnDomain.com which is an actual registered domain with Nameservers set at your VodaHost account
    http://SubDomain.PrimaryDomain.com which is a fully functional non-registered domain created in your cPanel as an independent site (directory) in Main Account

How to PUBLISH ... >>
    The method of publishing with Blue Voda to Add-On domains and Sub-Domains is virtually the same, by making simple changes within the Publish Dialog Box:
    (Primary Account Domain) public_html/ .........<--- leave blank
    (Add-On Domain) public_html/addondomain
    (Sub-Domain, as shown on Primary) public_html/primarydomainname/subdomainname
    Publishing your web pages on the internet

How to best link pages ... >>
    * To link page-to-page in this new site - if an add-on - the linking method is exactly the same as when using your Primary domain, as it has a unique domain from which to find the hosted site:
    i.e. http://www.AddOnDomain.com/next-page.html

* To link page-to-page in a subdomain, you will need to follow the same logical structure, only adding the variables as required:
    i.e. http://Sub-Domain.PrimaryDomain.com/next-page-title-here.html .

Linking your pages together (Hyperlinks with text, images etc...)
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• start living
      Special Status

• Apr 2008

Vasili, thank you, I have scratched out my welcome letter 97 years and a bit ago) seemingly things have changed. the letter says to log in using My sites and My Domains. no go invalid log in details. so back to square 1... where to from here please.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

You mentioned earlier that you saw in your VodaHost Control Panel folders for domains already associated with your VodaHost hosting account, so apparently you have a valid hosting account yet and can once again access your Control Panel to create the new Add-On domain as detailed above.
        If you truly do not have an hosting account at VodaHost, you will need to purchase on (use the links at the top of every page of these forums), for Blue Voda will only publish to a VodaHost server. If you need to retrieve Logon info to any valid account or product with VodaHost, Submit a Support Ticket making your request clearly stated.

You will publish from within Blue Voda using the same Logon information, being careful to specify the proper IP address to your account in order to publish seamlessly.

If your domains -- any of them -- are at other providers, then to set the Nameservers you will need to access your Client Control Panel with them to set the proper DNS entries, also according to the instructions provided above. If you do not have valid Logon information to do so, you will need to go through whatever steps they provide to regain such. Once you have access to your Client Area and can set DNS, be sure to save your Customer ID and Logons in a secure manner for future use.

In your other thread (which has been deleted per 'non-duplication rules') you mentioned the light going on that domains can "be stand-alone" and not always "add-on domains" ..... yest, this is true, but to make each domain a 'stand-alone' it must have its own hosting account, thus ipso facto the 'Primary Domain' for that account: VodaHost allows unlimited domains per account, which means that once you do in fact have a single hosting account with a single Primary Domain (the first domain, and accounts must always have one domain associated as Primary to even establish and account with), you can "ADD-ON" additional domains without having to purchase another hosting account.

This is why pulling you through these very basics has been somewhat suspect: some of the time it appeared you did have a valid hosting account at VodaHost, and at other times the details and illogicial mentions made it seem that you had no idea of what was really being discussed. If in fact you do have a valid hosting account already, there is at least one domain that has been listed as Primary .... even if it is expired or no longer yours matters not -- the account simply has a single domain name as Primary. If your "new" domains are to be used iinstead of the domain you once listed as Primary and which is no longer valid, aqnd your hosting account is in good standing order, then you will ADD these new domains to the account as Add-On domains and complete the rest of the steps to make them active.

Do you understand now????

I must assume that SitesUnion.com is the Primary Domain on your VodaHost hosting account (as it was created March 2008 ) and if you can access your Control Panel at VodaHost, then apparently your account is still in good standing. You purchased this domain from VodaHost through Enom, and if you have set the nameservers properly in the past, you should be able to publish to it now. If you have NOT set the Nameserver entries as instructed above, it too is still just sitting there, and the reason you cannot see any pages you THINK were published to it: the pages may in fact be published to the proper folder, but the domain has not been instructed where to "point" to find any website .... as it is now, it seems it is properly associated with VodaHost's server Voda23, as is FXSystems.info which you also bought from VodaHost through eNom recently.

From what I can see, Nameservers have been properly associated to each domain, but I cannot tell if you have done everything on your end properly, like double-check to see that the domain has been "activated" to your account (which makes it easy to understand why if you say your published pages do not show up).

You simply need some help, methinks, to get you properly set up so you can publish your BV pages freely and without inhibition.

Comment

• start living
          Special Status

• Apr 2008

Well i am still not able to use my domains.
          As you say I need some help. It is all beyond me technically - I now have 2 DNS's do I? Enon and Voda23? (which is on my welcome letter.)
          So I still do not know how to get these sites working... where do I fill in this dns detail? I,ve looked and watched videos till they come out of my ears - but dont see the answer - is there any one that can physically do this for me?
          Thank you
          Hans

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

You have 2 domains: SitesUnion.com and fxSystems.info
            Your VodaHost account resides on the Voda23 server

If you cannot understand the steps, cannot deceipher the Video Tutorials that demonstratre each step in detail, or have no "overall" comprehension of the entire processes, then as I said, you will need someone to come in and straighten you out.

Once your domains and basic account structure is straightened out, though, I have concerns on how you shold make progress with any of the other skills that are basic to using Blue Voda effectively. I remember Karen Mac having the same hair-pulling periods trying to get things moving along for you ..... if you email me personally, I will tell you what I need from you to get things working right.

And until you get things properly situated, I would suggest relying on Forums Searches to find solutions to things like embedding Excel and the like ... they have been answered hundreds of times before, and do not deserve a new thread!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Am awaiting your reply email.

Can't find threads discussing Excel and Blue Voda? Try these:
              1. http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/gen...worksheet.html
              2. http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/hyp...tml#post349697

Comment

• start living
                Special Status

• Apr 2008

EXEL into my web page

I would like to upload exel page to my site. I have been informed that there are hubndreds of articles on this and my question does not need replying to. I'm happy at that, but I do not see 1 page related never mind hundreds, can some one please direct me
                Thank you

Comment

• Tom Finley
                  Brigadier General

• Mar 2008

Re: EXEL into my web page

Search for excel.
                  CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                  CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                  CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

• start living
                    Special Status

• Apr 2008

Re: EXEL into my web page

Originally posted by Tom Finley View Post
                    Search for excel.
                    Yes it does make difference if one can spell BooBoo ...thank you.

The Excel page must be loaded daily onto the website. It is a trading results page... but simultaeneously a sales page.

The file converted from my ptrading platform to an Excel file gives me a file extension mht
                    C:\Documents and Settings\WinXP User\Desktop\Statement 2738053 - JM Monsma.mht
                    As the file is here above excel opens it - What is the best way to load this to my site, knowingb that changes daly. The file is deleted and reloaded with the previous days results on a daily basis.
                    Thank you

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                      And until you get things properly situated, I would suggest relying on Forums Searches to find solutions to things like embedding Excel and the like ... they have been answered hundreds of times before, and thus does not deserve a new thread!
                      Which is why this fourth one has been merged into this one, rather than deleted like the others.
                      Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                      Have to keep up on things!

PS: You might wish to consider using an external feed, which would require you setting up and configuring a DIGEST link....something rather complicated, given your self-professed experience level.

Comment

Working...
                      X