• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HumBird
    First Sergeant

• Nov 2005

how to update nameservers

Hello Helpful People
    I created an add-on domain strawbalehomeforsale.com and it shows up in my c-panel fine but when I publish the index - with public_html/strawbalehomeforsale.com - I can only find it on the web under my hosting domain name humnew.com. I have the index file in a separate folder for the strawbale site.

In the client area I put ns13 and ns14.vodahost.com in the nameserver boxes and clicked save changes. Is this correct? I know it takes a day or two for this to take hold, but if I didn't do the right thing I don't want to wait to find out!

Thank you for helping me understand this crucial step. I have been reading posts and looking at tutorials for days now and have learned all kinds of important things but I'm still unsure about how to update name servers.
    This suggestion talk about enom, not BV
    1. Properly validate/associate the domain to your account, following these instructions.
    this one does not show me HOW to update the nameservers.
    2. Create an Add-On Domain in cPanel according to this Tutorial and these Tips.
    HumBird
    www.Humnew.com
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: how to update nameservers

Seems like the new domain is correctly pointed to your hosting account, but there doesn't seem to be any page published in the new domain folder.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• HumBird
      First Sergeant

• Nov 2005

Re: how to update nameservers

Hi Naval, Thanks for your reply. The site is working now!!!

Customer support sent this about 15 hrs ago:

You need to use the below settings;

ns5.vodahost.com
      ns6.vodahost.com

We have updated these for you, please allow a few hours for propagation.
      Thank you,
      George

Ticket Details
      Ticket ID: UZC-376405
      Department: Domain Names and Transfers
      so I assume I don't need to do anything more about name servers.

In all this I discovered something that may be helpful to others, which is if I want to copy a bunch of files from my main domain to a add-on, all I have to do is re-publish them with the public_html/add-on-domain.com. This discovery is going to save me SOOOO much work as I thought i had to remake all those pages!! I know this is old hat to you but although I've been using BV for over three years I will not pretend that I understand all the behind the scenes stuff, try as I might.
      Thanks again, Leslie
      HumBird
      www.Humnew.com

Comment

Working...
      X