This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Issue?

I have a hosting account with VH. My main domain for this account is www.bill.com (sample - not real domain)

I purchase another domain from another provider, say ******* and want to use it on my VH account so I point the name servers to VH. My new domain is www.jennifer.com (sample - not real)

I want the new domain or url to show up as www.jennifer.com without reference to the account domain of www.bill.com. How do I do that?

I've tried doing an add on domain but I always end up with something like this - www.jennifer.com/bill.html or www.jennifer.bill.com

I've even set up a 2nd separate hosting account before with VH in the past but do not want to add a third as it gets too confusing.

Is there a way to set this up so that my new domain and url www.jennifer.com (sample - not real) will show up without reference to the main account domain which is www.bill.com - without doing the add on domain or without setting up a new hosting account??

Any suggestions on how to do this would be much appreciated.

Thanks - Bob M

Re: Domain Issue?

Your jennifer site would be an add-on to the bill site, to do what you wish to do. You create the jennifer add-on site using your account's cPanel. There, cPanel will guide you through adding the jennifer site. The result is a new foilder called jennifer.com in your account. From that time on you will publish all your bill pages to public_html (as before) and all your jennifer pages to public_html/jennifer.com/

As far as the public goes, bill and jennifer will never meet unless you link from one to the other.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Re: Domain Issue?

Find the info detailed here > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/350726-post2.html
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
      X