• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • berndskoehling
    Private

• Feb 2011

2nd domain name publishing fails

Hi there,
    after successfully publishing my first website www.berndskoehling.com, I want to publish now my second, new domain, which I also bought from BV: www.benz-books.com

Problem is, I must do something wrong, because it doesn't work. When publishing a blank BV page throught BV, I follow your advice and use: public_html/benz-books.com But nothing happens. I have emptied my cache, but the site does not appear. When I try to publish that new empty page just under public_html my berndskoehling.com website shows that empty page.

I have named the new blank page "index", just as with my first website and have it stored on my computer under blue voda "templates".

What do I do wrong? Any help would be appreciated!

Bernd
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: 2nd domain name publishing fails

Review Section "2" in this post ... most likely you have not set the Nameservers yet ... >> http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/350726-post2.html
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• berndskoehling
      Private

• Feb 2011

Re: 2nd domain name publishing fails

Hi Vasili

and thanks for your feedback. Upon checking on how to register the domain name that I bought from Vodahost, I read the following:

In order for your domain name to work on our servers you must change
      your name servers to match the name servers provided in your welcome
      letter.

This also applies if you bought your domain name From VodaHost Domains.
      You still must configure it.

Whenever I try to find how to configure it, I always came to sites that tell me that I will have to wait for 60 days to transfer my domain. I do not intend to transfer my domain to Vodahost as it is already with Vodahost. But although I looked I couldn't find anything that told me how to configure the new domain.

Sorry, but could you please help again.

Thanks,
      Bernd

Comment

Working...
      X