Changed domain of a previously existing site and now I can't find my pages.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hunter22
    Private

• Jan 2012

Changed domain of a previously existing site and now I can't find my pages.

My new domain name is "thorparanormal". My old domain was "toledohauntedoccurrencesresearch".....I am just now getting the site back up under the new domain but when I look for my pages it says it can't find the server at www.thorparanormal.com.

Maybe I'm going about it wrong. I re-saved my pages and re-published them. It publishes the pages fine.(I do have a different IP address than I used with the old site) I've only published a few pages and the home page(which I'm re-designing) only has one link set up for now just to see if things are working properly. If I try that link in preview mode it still tells me it cant find the server. I set up my old site without hardly any problems.

I didn't know if the change in domain names is messing something up with my previously created pages or not.

Any ideas?
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Changed domain of a previously existing site and now I can't find my pages.

You need to properly create an Add-On Domain to your hosting account, and make the proper DNS/Nameserver entries upon the new Domain before publishing.

>> Useful Post Regarding Domain Creation, DNS Management, Publishing, etc.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Hunter22
      Private

• Jan 2012

Re: Changed domain of a previously existing site and now I can't find my pages.

Thank You. I think I've got it working now.

Comment

Working...
      X