Adding New Domain Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding New Domain Name

hi. ive just purchased anew domain to add to my account but cant work out where to find the instructions to set it up, can anyone help please

thanks in advance

Re: adding new domain name

>> Useful Post Regarding Domain Creation, DNS Management, Publishing, etc.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

i had a look at your reply, thanks. but im not up with all the tech stuff and it was as clear as mud and i still have no idea how to do it

Comment

You will yourselfhave to follow the easy-to-follow detailed instructions provided nonetheless, Andrew .... This is a "Do-It-Yourself" Community, and it is unreasonable to expect someone to do it for you.

The same procedures, steps, and methods have been digested by countless thousands before you, all with predictable and enviable results. If you are singularly struggling, you will need to simply invest singular effort to overcome these vaporous limitations to achieve the end results that are well within your reach.

Be sure to follow the Outline in the referenced post, in order, and to review the Tutorials as indicated until you are capable.

>> Complete Tutorial Library

Comment

publishing pages to 2nd domain

i am trying to publish pages to my 2nd domain but they are just overwriting my 1st sites pages, where am i going wrong, ive looked to see if i can find a tutorial explaining 2nd site publishing but cant seem to find one

thanks

Comment

Re: publishing pages to 2nd domain

Originally posted by woody58 View Post
            i am trying to publish pages to my 2nd domain but they are just overwriting my 1st sites pages, where am i going wrong, ive looked to see if i can find a tutorial explaining 2nd site publishing but cant seem to find one
            Assuming you have indeed properly created the Add-On Domain via cPanel and have in fact properly made the DNS Nameserver entries at where the Domain resides (detailed as numbered Steps in the previously referenced post which you claimed made no sense to you), it appears it is merely a matter of a simple error in PUBLISHING -- which is once again clearly laid out below:

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
            How to PUBLISH ... >>
            The method of publishing with Blue Voda to Add-On domains and Sub-Domains is virtually the same, by making simple changes within the Publish Dialog Box:
            (Primary Account Domain) public_html/ .........<--- leave blank
            (Add-On Domain) public_html/addondomain
            (Sub-Domain, as shown on Primary) public_html/primarydomainname/subdomainname
            Publishing your web pages on the internet
            Be sure to publish your Add-On Domain just as explained, and to make the changes in the Publish Dialog Box as shown ....

Such as >> public_html/AddOnDomain.com

Comment

i followed the instructions in the video tutorial that was sent to me via email. i added the domain in cpanel. i have just tried to publish the page as you said adding the new name to the publish icon. it comes back saying that there is no such file or directory??

Comment

Re: publishing pages to 2nd domain

i prchased my new domain via vodahost, but i dont have an enom account so i cant register it there, it just confuses me as i dont understand how to do it.

Comment

i prchased my new domain via vodahost
                  What is this new Domain?
                  If you would disclose it, it may be possible for me or someone else to "visit" it and determine by what we see (or don't see) what the issue really is! . . . . . . . . . . . . .
                  The fact you are getting error messages when trying to publish "No Such Directory Exists" indicates the Add-On Domain was not properly created on your account. And, if I knew what the domain was, if visiting it all I see is a parking page from eNom, then this would indicate the DNS entries have not been made.

i prchased my new domain via vodahost, but i dont have an enom account so i cant register it there, it just confuses me as i dont understand how to do it.
                  If, as you say, you purchased your Domain through VodaHost, you do in fact have an eNom account, and access information to that Domain Panel was given to you in the Invoice that was emailed to you once that purchase was completed.
                  If necessary, contact Support to have them re-send your eNom Domain Manager Logon information.

You must make the DNS/Nameserver entry for that Domain in the eNom Domain Manager (just as detailed in the video Tutorial) so that it will "point" to your newly created Add-On Domain directory on your VodaHost hosting account.

1. Creating your new Add-On Domain on your hosting account should be the first thing you need to do ... and, confusing or not, it needs to be done exactly as described in the video Tutorial.
                  >> Creating Add-On Domains To Your Hosting Account

2. After you create your Add-On, then you make the DNS entries at eNom (otherwise there is nothing for the Domain to "point" to, is there?). Do this just as instructed in the Tutorial.
                  >> Making DNS Nameserver Changes at eNom

3. Once these two steps are done (in the order as directed) then you can publish your pages simply by making the proper entry in the Publish Dialog Box exactly as shown: public_html/addondomainname..<--(replace "addondoaminname" with your own full Add-On Domain Name)
                  Remember to always make this entry in the Publish Dialog Box to properly publish any pages to this Add-On Domain - they need to clearly be published to this separate directory!

4. Lastly,
                  you will have to go back and re-publish your
                  index page for your Primary Domain since it was over-written when you tried publishing to your Add-On ... this time, since it is your Primary domain on the hosting account, you will leave the Publish Dialog Box without any entry, so it looks like: public_html/ <<--- (Leave blank)

No one can "make" you understand - it is something you simply need to learn. Since the best way to learn is by doing, we make sure the instructions are universally simple to follow, so "doing" is easier and the results predictably the best. If you cannot follow the Tutorials, then there is nothing anyone can do for you, for they are simple to understand, the steps easy to implement, and the information unchanging. You may need to get some help from a family member or other friend willing to show you personally how easy it is to follow directions, for the skills you are supposed to be learning are cumulative in nature, building upon themselves to form a greater and more enabling skillset.

I can't offer you any new or clearer instructions, as this is the third time you have been given the same outlined steps that you need to undertake and have been provided all the resources that you need to use to do what is required. If you feel otherwise, you can submit a Support Ticket to ask for additional assistance.

P...A

Comment

This makes great sense to me, but raises a question for me. Is there a way to publish the add-on domain page so that the URL is JUST the add-on domain name:

instead of: www.primarydomain.com/addondomain.html

??

THANKS!

Comment

Re: Adding New Domain Name

That is the difference between a Sub-Folder, Sub-Domain, and an Add-On Domain - but still, your example (www.primarydomain.com/addondomain.html) is merely demonstrating what a "html page" looks like, and is neither an Add-On nor Sub-Folder!
                      Apparently you are not paying close enough attention to the methods of creating either in your cPanel per the video Tutorials, not are understanding the basic log and structure as outlined so many times and in so many ways.

I suggest you re-read this entire thread very carefully, being diligent in following the suggested links and in reviewing the Tutorials, even if you think you "already get it" - because apparently you don't!

Especially this singular post: Useful Post Regarding Domain Creation, DNS Management, Publishing, etc.

Comment

Problems with my add-on domain name...

Mike Lind
                        DRIFTLESS ORGANICS KNOW YOUR FARMERS Our story begins back in 1993, at the ages of 9 & 11, when we had a dream to grow the best organic spuds around. That spring, in a small field on our family&#8217;s organic dairy farm, we planted over 20 varieties of potatoes. As local legend has it, our [&#8230;]

Hello!

I am attempting to create a new site w/o having to pay another hosting fee:

Up to this point, I have:

Registered a domain name through Voda: cookingwithsunfloweroil.com

Updated the DNS for this domain name.

Successfully created an add-on domain in my control panel as per instructions of the tutorial.

I have created the new page in BlueVoda and published it exactly as described by Vasili in one of his many very thorough and easy to understand posts.

My question is this: is it possible to publish this new page so that when you type in its URL (www.cookingwithsunfloweroil.com) it loads on my browser? So far, it will only load with the following URL: https://www.driftlessorganics.com/co...nfloweroil.com

I can only acheive what I am after by creating a redirect. Is there any other way?

Thanks!

Mike
                        DRIFTLESS ORGANICS KNOW YOUR FARMERS Our story begins back in 1993, at the ages of 9 & 11, when we had a dream to grow the best organic spuds around. That spring, in a small field on our family&#8217;s organic dairy farm, we planted over 20 varieties of potatoes. As local legend has it, our [&#8230;]

Comment

Re: Problems with my add-on domain name...

You did not properly create the Add-On Domain in cPanel. You have instead created a Sub-Folder on your Primary Domain and are publishing pages to it.

FOCUS ON FOLLOWING EACH STEP ACCURATELY. The Tutorials are quite specific and easy to follow ...

Comment

Thank you for the reply but I have to disagree with you. I have FOLLOWED EACH STEP TO THE LETTER and still a no-go. I have been using BlueVoda and Vodahost for nearly 5 years and haven't experienced this level of frustration before. All I want is to be able to publish my add-on domain w/o having to use my primary domain in the URL. That's all I want.

Thanks!

Comment

Does no good to disagree whatsoever ... you can insist all you want, but the facts are obvious!

1. Do you seriously think this ( http://www driftlessorganics.com/cookingwithsunfloweroil.com ) looks anything like any of the examples in the Tutorials, the Tips, the Threads, or the Posts to which you have been directed to follow? How is it that you out of the many thousands singularly have this difficulty, or exhibit this peculiar issue? (At this point, I don't know whether to re-approach resolving your issue as a "Hyperlink" error, an "Add-On" creation error, or a "Publishing" error ... your "issue" itself changes, and does not lend to any logical deciphering!)

2. You confusion was evident earlier, as evidenced in the reply to your first "example" of your "Domain Issue" ...

That is the difference between a Sub-Folder, Sub-Domain, and an Add-On Domain - but still, your example (www.primarydomain.com/addondomain.html) is merely demonstrating what a "html page" looks like, and is neither an Add-On nor Sub-Folder! Review especially this post: Useful Post Regarding Domain Creation, DNS Management, Publishing, etc.

You need to get square with how the processes are required to be made. If you simply cannot find your errors, or understand what to do, you will need to Submit a Support Ticket to have them straighten out whatever possible issue there may be in your cPanel or hosting account structure due to improper actions, if you refuse to follow established procedures and suggested methods.

FOCUS ON FOLLOWING EACH STEP ACCURATELY. The Tutorials are quite specific and easy to follow ...
                              The "Tip" Post suggested has each Step "numbered" for a reason ... focus on creating the Add-On in cPanel properly first, then the manner in which you Publish!

Comment

Working...
                              X