This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing to transfered domain.

I just transferred my "sickpuppypictures.com" domain to my existing "empressvampire.com" account at Vodahost. I am now ready to publish my site. But when I accessed FTP to check out the files, I found a folder titled, "sickpuppypictures.com" inside my "empressvampire.com" account. So if I were to publish my "index.bvp" page for my new website, it will replace the one for "empressvampire.com". Obviously not what I had in mind. How do I specify where the files will be published? Do I need a separate log in path to publish to the "sickpuppypictures.com" folder? Thanks!

Re: Publishing to transfered domain.

1. You need to follow the Tutorials precisely. This post should prove helpful in addition:
    > Useful Post Regarding Domain Creation, DNS Management, Publishing, etc.
    Originally posted by Vasili View Post
    How to PUBLISH ... >>
    The method of publishing with Blue Voda to Add-On domains and Sub-Domains is virtually the same, by making simple changes within the Publish Dialog Box:
    (Primary Account Domain) public_html/ .........<--- leave blank
    (Add-On Domain) public_html/addondomain
    (Sub-Domain, as shown on Primary) public_html/primarydomainname/subdomainname
    Publishing your web pages on the internet

2. When saving separate pages for separate web sites within BlueVoda (on your local system), you need to create a new folder within BlueVoda to save these pages to -- so they are kept separate and do not over-write each other! When you wish to SAVE a page before publishing in BlueVoda, the Save Page Dialog Box opens and asks you to indicate "where" you wish to save it, and this is where you need to 'create new folder' using the icon at the top toolbar of the Dialog. Properly name it for the new site, open it, and save your new pages to it.

> BlueVoda Tutorials
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Well, I've tried every variation of publishing the pages I could extrapolate by parsing the "(Add-On Domain) public_html/addondomain". I viewed all the tutorials and read the suggested literature, but am unable to get my website to function.
      I tried "empressvampire.com/public_html/sickpuppypictures.com".
      I tried "sickpuppypicutres.com/public_html/sickpuppypictures.com"
      I created the separate folder in the Blue Voda folder with the new domain name.
      I went on C panel and checked to make sure the addon domain was listed (it is).
      I checked my files using BlueFTP and saw that there is a separate folder titled, sickpuppypicutres.com. In that folder are my five pages in ".html" file type.
      But everytime I type in my domain, sickpuppypictures.com, I get a white page with "Index of /" and a list of my files below.
      When I click on the individual pages they work as designed, but don't link to one another.
      I just tried to re-publish my index page for sickpuppypictures.com, but received the following message, "404 Not Found - The resource requested could not be found on this server.

I am at a loss as to how to proceed.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

1. You have properly created the Add-On Domain, so you will publish as: public_html/sickpuppypictures.com

You have improperly capitalized all your page names when they need to all be in lower case letters only.

You have improperly used blank spaces between page names rather than either an underscore "_" or a hyphen "-" as required: i.e. EMPRESS VAMPIRE.html should be empress-vampire.html

Using BlueFTP, delete your improperly named page files from the server.

Re-Save the pages with the proper Names,
        double-checking to be sure your Navigation links on your pages reflects these important Page Name changes also, so they can function properly after re-publishing.

Re-Publish the correct pages.

Nothing will function until the details required are implemented properly as detailed in the Tutorials.

Below are the pages showing in your public_html/ directory Index that need to be changed:
        a. ABOUT.html
        b. CONTACT.html ... (if you ever "wisely" decide on using an email Form on the page instead of exposing your email address to the www and possible spam agents, it needs be published as "contact.php", just as precisely specified in the Tutorial, and you will need to create and publish a "success.html" page also to complete the function of your "contact.php" page, again, just as described in the Tutorial)
        c. EMPRESS VAMPIRE.html
        d. INDEX.html
        e. ZOMBIES.html

These are basics, Phil, all totally covered in the Tutorials .... slow down and get it right! It's a lot less stressful ....

Comment

Thank you VERY much, Vasili. With your guidance sickpuppypictures is now up and functional. You are right - my enthusiasm does outstrip my technical expertize, patience, and attention to detail. I will try to be more observant when watching the tutorials in the future.

Thanks, again.

Comment

I am glad to see things are getting off to a good start after all: "been there, done that" myself, so it's not hard to figure out how to suggest an approach, right?

* You still have at least one "missing" pages, as indicated in your Menu entries (like "films.html"), so even though the page itself is not fully ready, at least put up a 'placeholder' page so the site will not be seen by the Search Engines as having 'broken links' and missing pages ... you never know when they will come around to index your site!

Did good, Kemosabe!

.... and on we go!

Comment

Working...
            X