This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• addon domain

Please help me understand the error of my ways.
    I have purchased a new domain from BV. Have receipt and confirmation of registration.
    I have been to my Cpanel and opened addon domain via icon.
    When I fill the new domain name into the field provided - either as simply... newdomain.com ...or http://www.newdomain.com
    it accepts neither - Please also tell me if we have a video tutorial on this. I dont find it in the tutorial video page when opened from the foot of the BV page.
    Does the forum have some form of search facility - sorry newby questions.
    Thank you
    J.M. Monsma
    FX Systems
    eMarketing S.A.

Re: addon domain

Since it was unclear in your post, one must assume that you in fact also have a previously purchased Hosting Account with VodaHost, and that account already has a Primary Domain name associated with it - thus, your new Domain is to be added properly as an Add-On Domain.

IF the above is true, you enter the new Domain as an Add-On in the cPanel section as "domainname.com" according to the Tutorial below.

> How To Create an Add-On Domain in cPanel
    > Complete cPanel Video Tutorials

> Making DNS/Nameserver Changes For Domains (Add-On Domain Entries at Popular Registries, Including eNom for Domains Purchased From VodaHost)

> Useful Post Regarding Domain Creation, DNS Management, Publishing, etc.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasili,
      Thank you for the assistance- All's well that ends well - all pages published sucessfully to my new addon domain -
      Thank you
      J.M. Monsma
      FX Systems
      eMarketing S.A.

Comment

Excellent!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X