This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing domain name

I would like to change the current domain: www.bradkimball.com to Lab Rat News/bradkimball.com. Is this possible? How do I do it.

Thanks, Linda

Re: changing domain name

Create a Sub-Domain in cPanel according to the instructions detailed in the Tutorial:
    >> How to create a sub domain in cpanel

>> Useful Post Regarding Domain Creation, DNS Management, Publishing, etc.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you Vasili,
      I've been studying the tutorial. This might be a mistake but this is going to be an outline newspaper and want it to be reflected in the index page. I plan on making the index the actual newspaper. Not sure how to tie the bradkimball.com with Lab Rat News. Trial and error I am guessing.
      Thanks for your help and might have to go that route, so good to know how to go about it.
      Linda

Comment

You're still not getting it .... you can name your "online newspaper" anything you want, but there is no way to "connect it" to the Main Domain other than as a Sub-Domain (relationship).

For instance, after you properly create the Sub-Domain in cPanel, it might look like this as a URL: http://labratnews.bradkinball.com and once properly created, you can display it online or printed on cards, etc., as www.LabRatNews.BradKimball.com and it will still function --- you just need be careful to not use capitals when creating it in cPanel.

OR

Spend a few dollars to purchase a new Domain "labratnews.com" and then create an Add-On Domain in cPanel upon the BradKimball hosting account so this new domain is completely separate from any other domain entirely .... an Add-On Domain is much different than a Sub-Domain, and is truly a separate website with it's own metrics and values completely.

Once the Add-On Domain is properly created in cPanel and you make the DNS entries on the new Domain to point to your hosting account (all Domain names need to have DNS/Nameserver entries made so they will associate with a specific hosting account), the link will look normal and similar to http://www.labratnews.com or simply www.LabRatNews.com

You need to review many other threads in the Forums about Domains, Add-On Domains, and Sub-Domains and how they are created and why before you "get it" entirely, I'm afraid .... maybe the Tutorials might help also (there are cPanel Tutorials that explain how to create Add-On and Sub-Domains in detail). Unfortunately, the concepts are too involved to outline specially for you in detail step-by-step: you need to absorb them yourself.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

You're correct. When I originally created bradkimball.com I also created other pages and had them link to bradkimball.com. Of course they had their own name but never did I go into cpanel and name the other pages there. This is where I am having problems understanding having to go into cpanel.

Comment

Working...
          X