• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hugob055
    Staff Sergeant

• Jun 2006

addon domain

i have added my 2nd domain in cp and changed my servers correctly...now i want to start building and saving my second site how do i create a subfolder to do so?

kind regards

paul
  • Bluenose
    First Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Re: addon domain

you can open another folder with a new name from your cp panel and choose add on domains. it does it all for you.

then you will need to publish to the new address which will be the same as normal, with /new folder name after it, and the password that you chose whilst setting up. bearing in mind you need a new index as the main in the new folder.

have a look in the tutorials, there is one in there for this.
    www.hobta.co.uk

www.floridabungalow.co.uk

www.e-itstudy.com

www.gpcsystems.co.uk

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Doesn't anyone go through the tutorials or search older threads anymore before creating a new thread?

You'll find what you are looking for here, Paul...
      Web hosting tutorial about how to create and publish an amazing an website using our various tools. From VodaHost web hosting.

and here for creating (publishing in) a sub-domain http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/cpa..._subdomain.htm
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

The correct tutorial is : http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/cpa...skin_addon.htm

for addon domains and not subdomains
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• hugob055
          Staff Sergeant

• Jun 2006

VASILI yes i have watched the tutorials many times..........sorry if im not a genius like yourself

Comment

• hugob055
            Staff Sergeant

• Jun 2006

my question was...........when i make a new page for my 2nd site....

i then go to file.......(save as) the options i have are to save as a template or into a blue folder file where my first website pages are. I just want to know when i click on (save as) can i create separate folder so i have my 2 sites in different folders..

sorry guys ..maybe i have watched the tutorials to many times and have a mental block ,any help would be great

kind regards

paul

Comment

• Girlonthehill
              General

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by hugob055
              my question was...........when i make a new page for my 2nd site....

i then go to file.......(save as) the options i have are to save as a template or into a blue folder file where my first website pages are. I just want to know when i click on (save as) can i create separate folder so i have my 2 sites in different folders..

sorry guys ..maybe i have watched the tutorials to many times and have a mental block ,any help would be great

kind regards

paul
              Hi Paul, just create a new directory within your BV one and call it site2 or whatever. Save the pages for your second site to the new directory. This will keep everything neat, tidy and stop you mixing imoportant stuff like index pages up. You're right - the tutorials don't tell you everything and if your not over confident sometimes the basic things can get you scratching your head. Been there, done that. No worries.

Does this answer your question?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• hugob055
                Staff Sergeant

• Jun 2006

yea thank you amanda ...answered perfectly ,you are right with the confidence thing deep down i know the answer but because all this is new the confidence isnt there to continue and follow my instincs.

again thank for your kind reply

regards

paul

Comment

• Sadain
                  Major

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by hugob055
                  i have added my 2nd domain in cp and changed my servers correctly...now i want to start building and saving my second site how do i create a subfolder to do so?

kind regards

paul
                  when you added the domian it should have created a folder in public_html by the subdomains name thats where you would publish to public_html/subdomianfolder

Comment

Working...
                  X