• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenejc
    Corporal

• Jun 2006

Two domain names....

OK...I know you guys get tired of answering these questions, but cut me some slack here:

I want to point two domain names to the same site. For instance, I already own teamgreenerealty.com, but I want to point teamgreenesells.com to the teamgreenerealty.com domain. So, when the user enters teamgreenesells.com, they get teamgreenerealty.com

I want this to happen automatically. The user should never know what's happening. The point is that I use different domains to track the effectiveness of my advertising at generating hits on my website. I have software to track it, but I need different domain names. How can I do this?

Yes, I've watched the tutorial. It underestimated my lack of knowledge greatly.
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Two domain names....

You can't....here or elsewhere.

The only way to effect this is to have a "cloned" site to which both domains point to....
    In other words, the site you now have? You need to get a 3rd domain, and re-publish it under that 3rd domain, which will then act as a "portal in reverse"...if you follow.

The only other way (may or not be the easiest) is to simply have the website "cloned" entirely, published under each domain. Blue Voda 8 makes this super easy with the cloning feature built in to duplicate pages, but you can also do this simply by going in My Documents and copying the entire named folder, rename the clone to the second domain, and then in BV, use the FTP tool to upload the new folder/site to be published. Point DNS properly, and VIOLA!

EDIT >>> Just remembered "Redirect" in the Control Panel....check that out......maybe you can redirect /autoforward, but maybe that works only for domains hosted here?? Again, these 2 suggestions, and some investigation on the redirect
    Unless a ranking techie follows me and corrects me.....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

There are more than one ways to redirect:

1. By doing it directly in CP. The visitor of the sells will be redirected to the realty one.
      2. By adding a redirecting piece of code in the sells home page. This solution could be useful, if the sells site is not hosted with VodaHost, but with some other hoster that doesn't allow redirecting through Control Panel.

In the second case you will be able to see the hits on "sells" through the stats. Not sure if these hits appear in the stats if you use the Control Panel redirection.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Ευχαριστώ, General!

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Goodmorning Vassili, you're welcome
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• allstarfaces
            Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

aaaaaaa youve just given me an idea you guys at the moment i have a site that has a enter here button to my other site, but i read some where a while ago that you can have that page after say 20 seconds ( like a intro page ) go on its own to my other site without the need to click anything am i right? and if so how
            The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
            Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

>>> it's all about the redirect, apparently.....

(In reverse, I long ago created a "Portal" with logos of all my different companies, each linked to their respective sites - this way, they all shared co-branding and multiple marketing opportunities based on another unique domain attraction)
              Since I've come to VodaHost, however, my company roster has grown beyond the usefulness of this Portal.....LOL

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Paste this code in the "Between Head Tag" of your page HTML:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="10;URL=refresh2.html">

Change the number 10 to whatever you wish your delay to be.
                And change the "URL=refresh2.html" to be theURL that you need to redirect to. If it is on another domain, you need to fill in the entire "www............" URL.
                Navaldesign

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Ευχαριστώ, ke Kali Mera,General!

I am going to copy & paste to my BV Tips Documents....

Do you feel up to addressing my post in CMS?
                  I would appreciate your expertise.

Comment

• allstarfaces
                    Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

u are truly a flaming star, im glad italy won now lol cheers mate good to se you bye for now

Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Thanks allstar, have a nice day
                      Navaldesign

Comment

• allstarfaces
                        Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

just done that but it didnt work with using www. so i changed it to http://allstarfaces.com and it worked cheers mate

Comment

Working...
                        X