• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobingeorgia
    Sergeant

• May 2006

the advantages of transferring domain name

Please tell me the advantage of trasferring my domain name to VodaHost
    as opposed to leaving at GoDaddy and just changing the name servers?
  • Jeremy
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Re: the advantages of transferring domain name

Hey!

VodaHost will transfer your domain at no cost to you. You will then start paying monthly - or what ever billing plan you will choose.

I have been with VodaHost for about 3 - 4 months now and I love it. I have gone with NetFirms, Tr****, Homestead, GoDaddy and none of those hosting companies offered the best website building - BlueVoda - the best prices, deals and free software. They also have the best customer support staff there is. I have never seen such better service then VodaHost.
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• bobingeorgia
      Sergeant

• May 2006

thanks for the reply Jeremy, but I have my account with vodahost and currently have my domain name with go daddy. I could just change the name servers at godaddy and everything would work fine, correct?
      So what is the advantage of moving the domain name itself to Vodahost?
      I still havn't decided to use Blue voda as I am very pleased thus far with Namo and am familiar with it. I also use Xara. I might be interested in learning how to use solaunch
      Respectfully
      Bob
      by the way my website continues to be a work in progress
      www.marvinchurch.com

Comment

• Jeremy
        Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Hey,

I do not understand how you can be registered with VodaHost when you don't have a domain name sir? If you are planning on using BlueVoda to build your site with a GoDaddy domain name and server it will not work. You must host your site with VodaHost (with domain) and you can use either SOHO or BlueVoda.

Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• bobingeorgia
          Sergeant

• May 2006

I apologize that I don't speak the techo talk very well when it comes to web design and such. I feel like I ruffled you a little. I will try and explain the best I can.
          1) I have an account with vodahost http://74.52.42.242/~ottujpia/
          2) my website is currently viewed at http://www.gbgm-umc.org/marvin/
          3) I purchased www.marvinchurch.com many months ago from godaddy
          4) Godaddy redirects traffic to my web address with the UMC
          5) For 2 years I have used Namo Webeditor and Xara , I like them.
          6) I bought space on vodahost for the space, bluevoda and soho are tools, I may be able to use later, but not with a learning curve now.

I may be thinking incorrectly, but I believe I can tell godaddy to redirect traffic for www.marvinchurch.com to http://74.52.42.242/~ottujpia/ instead of it's current address.

If this is so, is there an advantage to actually moving the domain name from godaddy to vodahost?

God Bless you
          Bob Eash

Comment

• Jeremy
            Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

If you want to move the domain from GoDaddy to VodaHost - they will do it for free. You will have to click here

Once they recieve your info they will contact your hosting service to confirm that you want to change if I am correct.

Hope that works!
            Best regards,
            Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• bobingeorgia
              Sergeant

• May 2006

Thanks for trying, but my question is still not answered. Perhaps someone else can answer.

Can I leave my domain name parked at Godaddy and Have it redirect to http://74.52.42.242/~ottujpia/ ?

If I can do this is there and advantage to actually moving the domain name to Vodahost ?

thank you in advance and God bless you.

Comment

• Jeremy
                Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Yes you can. But I suppose VodaHost supplied you with http://74.52.42.242/~ottujpia/ as a temp link until 24 hours right?
                Best regards,
                Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• bobingeorgia
                  Sergeant

• May 2006

no its been working since 5/27/06. I have limited time to work on web pages and I have been resistant to learning new software to achieve the same or similar look that I have now.

From your answer I surmise that I can leave my domain at Godaddy and have godaddy point to http://74.52.42.242/~ottujpia/

Can anyone help with the question:
                  is there an advantage to actually moving the domain name to Vodahost ?
                  If so, what are those advantages?
                  Thanks in advance and God bless you all.
                  Bob

Comment

• Marincky
                    General

• Apr 2006

Ok, I think I know what you are saying.

I have 11 websites with BV but all my domains are purchased through Telivo. You don't have to transfer your domain name over, you can just point the servers. Personally I prefer this as Telivo have always offered me a very good service and price for my domains. I can't say if there is or isn't an advantage to passing them over to BV as I have not done this, all I can say is it is entirely your choice. Hope that helped?
                    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Marincky
                      General

• Apr 2006

By the way, you will probably need 2 server names and ip addresses to give to Godaddy for each domain name.
                      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• bobingeorgia
                        Sergeant

• May 2006

Yes and Thank you for the substantiating affirmative on my first question.
                        Any suggestions on how to get the Generals in here to answer the second part of my question.?

As an aside I'm sorry you dislike the UK, are you a native or do you hail from other parts. my daughter has an internet friend outside of London and marched with her HS Band in the Lord Mayors 2006 parade.

God Bless You all
                        Bob

Comment

• Marincky
                          General

• Apr 2006

You are welcome. I was born here in the UK and lived here all my life, No I just hate the way of life here, I want to live in Florida!!!!!!

Anyway, sorry what was your second question as I can't quite see one (it's late here) and I will try to answer if I can?

Comment

• Marincky
                            General

• Apr 2006

Oh My God... I'm A Second Lieutenant!!!! Wow! : - )

Comment

• bobingeorgia
                              Sergeant

• May 2006

I noticed the promotion. Congratulation. Florida is a big state with lots of hurricanes and bugs and many yankees ...LOL! Lot's of oldsters like me too. Its HOTTT also.

You answered the second question saying you did not know of any advantages to moving the domain name to vodahost. but I suspect there may be advantages that we are unaware of.

God bless and we welcome you to the US anytime you wish to come.

Comment

Working...
                              X