This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am totally confused

i really need to be helped...i am very confused about additional domains...there are couple of question i need to clarify pls...well i thought one thing about having a bv account...that i can host as many websites i want ..i want to clarify something here...is there a differenece between a new domain name i buy and a subdomain i create under my present website.....

well i have a vb account and i created a domain name www.leximindia.com as the free domain name...now i purchased an additional domain... www.emeraldit.info and i want to host it through the same bv account ...the first problem i face is i am finding it hard to change the named servers...i presume i made a mistake in doing so...i yet tried to go to control panel and followed the steps in addon domain...it says that i can use it as www.emeraldit.leximindia.com...i want to use my second domain name as www.emeraldit.info... i know i am going wrong some where...soomeone pleae please help.. if i sound too confusing...to breif with...i have purchsed a domain name www.emeraldit.info how do i host it in my bv account
    many thanks
    chandni

Re: i am totally confused

What you have done is that you have added it as SUBDOMAIN and not as addon domain, that's why you get that message. Add it as addon domain, and you will be able to reach it directly as www.emeraldit.info after DNS propagation, which usually takes 24 - 48 hours.

Of course, you must first change the nameservers, through the CP of VodaHostdomains.com or Vodahost's modernbilling, depending where you bought your new domain name.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

hi there,
      i am a bit confused as yet...i logged in using vodahost modern bill...
      i am confused about the info i have to enter regarding registering the new name server..
      it is asking me for two questions
      1. register new names server NameServer:
      (example.. NS1.emeraldit.info) IP Address:
      2. check name server status
      NameServer: and in the welcome mail i recieved this is the info i got...
      ns9.vodahost.com70.86.134.194ns10.vodahost.com70.8 6.134.195

i dont kow which info should go where...when i tried entering the name and ip address in the register new names server...it gives me an error and my dns name doesnt get registerd...pls help....
      many thanks
      chandni

Comment

Just click on "Change DNS" and enter the nameservers of your main account. For the first one type in "ns9.vodahost.com", for the second one "ns10.vodahost.com"
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

hi there,
          i have registered the dns names for the new domains purchased but yet when i go to the control panel...select addon domains...and try to add a new domain..it creates a subdomain instead of a new domain...can somone pls pls help

many thanks
          chandni

Comment

Same thing. For now.
            Add-ons must be transferred/hosted here.
            You can have only 1 "public_html" directory, so each site must have it's own directory to navigate properly, yes?
            Sub-folder/sub-directory....all the same thing, different terms. You need to manually create the same kind of folders for things like Forums, Blogs, etc. also, so relax....it'll be fine...

Just remember to title, save (to the right folder), and publish your new "home" page as index just like before. And, to add the identity in the BV Publish Dialog box when publishing:

Enter the following in the BV Publish Dialog box:
            public_html/subfoldernamehere

Let me know how it goes.....
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks A Million!!!!!!! I Am Through

Comment

Thread closed

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                X