• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Hughes
    Staff Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Pointing domain at BV

I have successfully built and published a site with BV, however I have another website hosted by another company. I have redesigned this site and also want to publish it via my BV account. I understand that I need to change name server with my current company to point domain at BV but how do i set up files to hold info for this redirected domain to enable me to publish via BV. Software is great by the way. Made a pc numbskull feel quite proficient. Thanks
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Pointing domain at BV

Add trhe new site as addon domain in your account. Then publish in this new addon. When you add it as addon, a new folder is created within your public_html, having the same name as your addon. So you need to publish in " public_html/newdomainname/ "
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• John Hughes
      Staff Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Thanks, firing on all cylinders now and cooking on gas.

Comment

• kyagulanyi
        Corporal

• Jul 2006

Thanks for the forum, i have sure learnt a lot from it and was very amazed, thanks to the threads, when i published the home page, the only one so far, without a problem. I however had my domain registered with some somehow incompetent or simply sadistic people first and i need to have a change in the DNS. I have checked through whois and have chatted with them and also sent them 2 emails one through their contactus and one by my registered e-mail to their registered e-mail at the whois.

They have told me that it will take maximum 6-8 business days for the change - is this normal? I am also worried that given their record as per my experience (especially as contrasted to the service VodaHost is doing things), they may simply forget aboutthe mails - then what can I do? What if I am dealing with cracked up people? Kind of sick people? then what will I do? I have circulated our website to many people many of whom I do not know and I seriously need to have a page at least up.

Comment

Working...
        X