Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Add Index to Addon Domain

Hi.
    My website www.muralsandmoreart.com is my main account, and since Sunday I have been frustrated in trying to get my add on domain www.ishmanfishman.com up and running. I've read the threads, viewed the tutorials, opened a support ticket and am still a bit stuck. When I open the site it only reads Parent Directory and cgi Files. I was instructed to add and index to my add on domain. I see nothing that prompts me to do this when I go to my CPanel. I do have a page named index in a folder for my new site, but I guess I must do something else. Please help.
    Thank you,
    John

Re: How To Add Index to Addon Domain

ok, I am not very good at explaining things, however I have added loads of add on domains so I will try my best.

You go into CP panel and click on "add-on domains"
    Add the domain into the space provided but do NOT type the www bit
    So just type in ishmanfishman.com
    Then click in the next box down and it will automatically give you your user name, which should be just ishmanfishman
    Then type in a password and that's all you do.

Now, when you go to make a page for the site, start off with the home page and call it index just as you did with your first site.

Then publish it using ishmanfishman@muralsandmoreart.com as your user name
    and then type in whatever password you gave the add on account.

YOU MUST HOWEVER REMOVE THE public_html wording in the last box, then hit publish

That's it... your website will appear.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Marincky,
      Thanks for the explanation. What I don't understand is how to publish under ishmanfishman@muralsandmoreat.com? Believe it or not, I believe I have my Cpanel set correctly as you explained, but this new instruction is new to me. Where am I prompted to use the above name as you wrote it?

Comment

ok,

when you hit the publish button on your BV website builder, you are faced with a publish box that asks for IP, user name, password and last box has public_html in it.

Put the long bit ishman....@ in the user name
        put passowrd in the password box
        remove public_html from last box.

Forget about Cpanel... that has nothing to do with it.

If you are still confused tell me and I'll.... I'll..... I don't know... I guess I'll try again lol
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Marincky,
          I'm not doing too good. Here's what I did when I went to publish:
          I did nothing to the IP.
          I typed ishmanfishman@muralsandmoreart.com in the user box.
          I put in the password that I thought was correct in password.
          The last box is now blank.
          I've gotten messages that I put in an incorrect password. I got that message even before I changed it. Now I'm a real mess.
          If you have anymore time, I'd gladly take it. . .
          Thanks

Comment

1.Addon Domain
            2.Creat Ftp account or modify Ftp account(Usename should be "name@yourdomain.com", you only input "name", when you use ftp, must type "name@yourdomain.com")
            3.Use the new account to login the ftp
            4.Upload the files.

Make it clear at per step. After pass one step, go the next, or try to settle the problems.
            Originally posted by nish1959
            Marincky,
            I'm not doing too good. Here's what I did when I went to publish:
            I did nothing to the IP.
            I typed ishmanfishman@muralsandmoreart.com in the user box.
            I put in the password that I thought was correct in password.
            The last box is now blank.
            I've gotten messages that I put in an incorrect password. I got that message even before I changed it. Now I'm a real mess.
            If you have anymore time, I'd gladly take it. . .
            Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X