Google Index not linking to my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Index not linking to my site

Google has already crawled my site twice and does not list any errors....
    I can't get Google to index my site by keywords.....

1've built my website and have set up Meta-tags with my keywords...... I am also using an "ror" file for helping google index my site. My google inex stats do not show any errors.....but I still can't get any hits on my site with any words...... What gives ????

My site is www.beaumontonthejames.com

Help me please....... This thing is driving me crazy..... After 3 months and 2 crawls by Google.... no one can get to the site using keywords....

Thanks for your help....
    Calvin

Re: Google Index not linking to my site

Have you put a robot txt file on your site? I find this always helps to get noticed by Google. If you need a robot txt file type it into Google and you'll find what you need.

Google doesn't use your meta tags although other search engines do. It picks out the keywords it is going to list you by itself, and you can't influence this. The best way is to make sure the key words that are important to you are repeated sufficient times in your content. If your site isn't content rich, Google won't like you very much. Your main key words or phrases should be repeated three to four times on a page - make sure this makes sense though to a human visitor, and don't try any tricks like invisible text, or repeated phrases just to attract search engines. This is a big no no!

It is very difficult to influence Google, but a good SEO technique will help you.
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Re: Google Index not linking to my site

If Google has found your site and indexed it - it's just a waiting game - it can be months before you'll find Google listing your site by keywords - there are millions of other sites competing for the same keywords - they aren't going to just call up yours because you're the new kid on the block :) - I suggest you make sure you have lots of links back to your site using the keywords you want to be found for as anchor text - and not from link farms - it will help.

Google doesn't tend to send traffic to new sites right away - although you can get lucky with some very off keywords - but if you search on google - take a look at what your competition is - and maybe you'll understand just what you're up against. For example you have as your first listed keyword simply "riverfront" - that is way too vague and if you did get people searching for that - most likely they won't be looking for what you offer - you need to really work on TARGETED keywords and keyword phrases - like maybe "Powhatan County Riverfront property" - that you could put on your page and probably move up with.

Right now a search on Google shows:
      for simply Riverfront: Results 1 - 10 of about 11,100,000 for riverfront
      obviously you'll have trouble getting results there but look at this:

Results 1 - 10 of about 18,800 for PowhatanCountyRiverfrontproperty -
      If you look - you're on page one here - good ranking - and good keyword - with Google. Don't you think this would be easier to optimize for - for all your locations - and much more likely that you'll get people looking for what you offer?

Take a good hard look at what people really are looking for who come to your site - get rid of the extraneous - re-write your text for the targetted words - and you'll see a big difference - and do so on every page - different words/phrases should make up the pages - and add these phrases into your page titles also.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
      X