• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cooljac
    Corporal

• Aug 2006

Publishing to a .WS site

I recently registered a .ws domain from Global Domains International. I read that .ws sites cannot be transfered to VodaHost. But, my question is, if I point the DNS nameservers to VodaHost, which I have done, can I publish my pages using Blue Voda?

Also, do I use the same server to publish as I do for my VodaHost site? Do I use the same control panel login?
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Publishing to a .WS site

Yes, you can point your nameservers to VH and host your site with us. You can use BlueVoda as long as your site is hosted with VH.

From what i understand, you already have another domain hosted here. You must add the new one as addon domain in your existing account.

And yes, you will have the same CP, and you will have the same settings for the server.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• cooljac
      Corporal

• Aug 2006

Thanks. My next question is, when I create my first page for the new site, it will be called index.html. Won't that overwrite the index.html I created for the first site if it is going into the same public_html folder?

Sorry...newbie question. I did try searching the forum for this answer but it wasn't clear to me.

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by cooljac
        Thanks. My next question is, when I create my first page for the new site, it will be called index.html. Won't that overwrite the index.html I created for the first site if it is going into the same public_html folder?

Sorry...newbie question. I did try searching the forum for this answer but it wasn't clear to me.
        When you add your new domain as addondomain in your account, a new folder, dedicated to this new domain, is automatically created by the wizard. It will have the same name as the domain you are adding. This new folder, will be, for your new domain, what the "public_html" folder is for your main domain. You need to publish everything in there. You can also create subfolders in it (from your other thread).

You also need to have on your computer, a folder, inside the BlueVoda folder, that will contain the new site pages, just to keep things separate from the pages you already have.

When you will publish this new index page, you need to publish it in "public_html/newsitefoldername " so there will be no conflicts with the existing "index" page.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• cooljac
          Corporal

• Aug 2006

Thanks again for your help. It is great to get answers so fast!

Comment

Working...
          X