• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sassayone
    Sergeant

• Jul 2006

redirecting question.. i think!

Please bear with me, I will try to explain this properly~ I'm still learning!

I have set up sassaymoms.com I plan on using that domain/site for something in the future.

In the mean time, I set up sassaymoms.com/blog, and installed word press onto it. Everything is working fine there (surprisingly!)

My question is.. how do i redirect, or point people to the sassaymoms.com/blog, if they initially type just sassaymoms.com into their browser? I have tried everything I can imagine.. nothing is working for me and all i can get is the "index" page when i type the "sassaymoms" domain in.

any help appreciated!
    Melissa
  • kenhansen
    First Sergeant

• Jun 2006

Re: redirecting question.. i think!

Create an index page if you haven't done so already. One way I can think of is on that page create a button directing to the blog address. I am sure some of the higher ranking folks here probably have a cleaner way to re-direct, but that is one way that is pretty simple.

Comment

• Nyoman
      Major

• Sep 2005

Or....
      You can create redirect in your control panel
      Log to your control panel>Redirects
      Nyoman

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Or create a blank index page. Then paste this code

<META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="0;URL=http://www.sassaymoms.com/blog">

in the Between Head Tag of the Index page. Publish the page and you are done.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• sassayone
          Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Originally posted by Nyoman
          Or....
          You can create redirect in your control panel
          Log to your control panel>Redirects
          I tried that. It did not work right or i didnt do it right... which it seemed easy enough~ i tried a few different ways.. at one point it looked like it would redirect but got hung up and was going crazy at the left bottom corner~ never did redirect.

Comment

• sassayone
            Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Originally posted by navaldesign
            Or create a blank index page. Then paste this code

in the Between Head Tag of the Index page. Publish the page and you are done.
            I will try that asap, thanks. is that something i would do in blue voda? I usually use wysiwyg editors..

Comment

• navaldesign
              General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

BlueVoda IS a WYSIWYG code generator. If you meant an editor, that's ok too. I mean you can use BV or a HTML editor or simply notepad.

Here is the complete page code:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
              <HTML>
              <HEAD>
              <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
              <TITLE>Untitled Page</TITLE>
              <META name="GENERATOR" content="Created by BlueVoda">
              </HEAD>
              <BODY bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
              </BODY>
              </HTML>

Copy this code, paste it in your editor, change the red part if needed, and save it as index.html and upload it. If you use BV you only need to open a new page, Click on View, Page HTML, Click on " Between Head " Tag, paste the original code <META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="0;URL=http://www.sassaymoms.com/blog">, save as "index" and publish
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• sassayone
                Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Naval Design~

It worked! Thank you SO much for taking the time.

What I meant was I'm use to like a "tutorial" style website builder is that makes sense. You know, the kind that walks you through everything holding your hand, but that you later find out won't do everything you need it to?? LOL

This service seems like a perfect inbetween option, but still a bit intimidating for me. I'm learning more everyday, and certainly appreciate the help when I cant figure it out.

Melissa

Comment

• motoxxx
                  Major

• Dec 2005

Thanks Naval! Agin I piggy back on someone elses question and found the answer I was looking for. Thanks for everything you do!
                  Affordable Medical Insurance
                  Discount Dental Plan
                  Washington State Health Insurance
                  Temporary Health Insurance
                  Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Working...
                  X