Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS question

Hi Folks
    I've just completed my 4th BV website which is to replace an old one not hosted by VH.
    In my welcome letter I'm instructed to ask my registrar to update my name servers (which I have asked him to do)
    Unfortunately he is already 2 days overdue for his second child and I think the changes will not be high on his list of priorities.
    (The message I got was "if nothing happens in 2 weeks give us a call")
    In the neantime I have published my new site as normal.

My question is, when my registrar eventually does his stuff will I suddenly get my new BV site when I type in the old url without doing anything else.

I.e. one minute my old site is active, two minutes later it's now my new BV site that's active

Hope this not too rambling
    STEVE

Re: DNS question

If your registrar DOES change the DNS, after a 12 - 24 hrs for DNS propagation through the net, your new site will appear with whatever you have published in the meantime.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X