• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tinwolf
    Sergeant

• Oct 2006

Catch all e-mail forwarder

Hi, sorry if this question has been answered but I`ve looked all over and can`t seem to find it, I have read and understood the concept of e-mail forwarding using the CP.

Is it possible to set up an e-mail forwarder that will send any e-mails addressed to my domain to one address (there`s only me but I want to be able to use several addresses e.g. sales, backup, webmaster etc). The current hosting I use allows this.
    Or do I need to set up forwarders for each e-mail address I want to use?

Ta

Paul
    Paul
    www.tinwolf.co.uk
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Re: Catch all e-mail forwarder

1) Login to your cpanel
    2) Select >> Mail
    3) Select >> Email Domain Forwarding

Instructions
    A Domain Forwarder redirects all mail from any of your domains to another domain. For example, if you setup bob.com to redirect sam.com, any email send to any address at bob.com will be sent to the corresponding user at sam.com (bob@bob.com would be sent to bob@sam.com). Any valid pop accounts existing on the domain forwarding was set up on will still receive mail and no forward will be sent.

Warning: this setting will override the default address for the forwarded domain.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• tinwolf
      Sergeant

• Oct 2006

Hi

Yes I`ve read that, but is there an ability to redirect any e-mail to (anything)@mydomain .co.uk to fredbloggs@another domain.com so that any address used at mydomain.co.uk will forward to a seperate and individual address.

Paul
      Paul
      www.tinwolf.co.uk

Comment

• VodaHost
        General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Yes that is exactly what this does.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• That's eBiz
          Sergeant

• Mar 2007

I have my forwarder set-up, but don't see any option to leave a copy of the email at my domain address. Is this possible? It's nice to have a backup, as previous forwarding experiences have taught me that if there is a problem, the email can vanish if a copy isn't saved on the host server.
          Donali
          www.ThatseBiz.com

Comment

• navaldesign
            General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

No, if you forward, the emails will be saved on the server of the final email address.

The option about leaving a message on the server is relevant to your Outlook Express (or other mail client): when you download the mails on your desktop, a copy remains on the server.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X