Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook Express Assistance

G'morning all,

I just read thru Bethers' thread on Outlook Express and did what I could from that to try to resolve Outlook problems...but don't know about a coupe things:

how do I do system restore, I have done it long ago but can't recall...

Ichecked ISP, opened applic/security log, closed all spyware etc...

Don't know how to turn off firewalls...so if you can help with this for starters that would be great...

My problem is I'm just setting it up. I went to CP and input my email addys and password there, did the same in OE...got a bunch of messages.
    Since then tried to send- says sent but never did get to my other acct (sent to hotmail)...and tried sending TO accounts in Outlook- again no error message, and says sent, but nothing in Outlook.

When I open Outlook I am not being asked to login at all- could that be a problem?

Thanks for all you can do to help, in advance!)

Leeza

Re: More (sorry) OUTLOOK EXPRESS PROBLEMS

please click the below...step by step....

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/ema...-my-email.html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Leeza: I did get your email last night and responded. I also got the one on Nov. 16th. Did you get the one I sent you last night?
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I'm soooo sorry- it's now Sat. nite 11 ish...had my parents come to town earlier than I thought and stay later...couldn't get back here until now...but no, I haven't gotten an email from you Dream Lady...I can't figure it out. I switched identities (have two- info@colourtherapyspa.com and leeza@colourtherapyspa.com ) which did you send to may I ask? I will try to mess around in Outlook and try to find it. And honest, I am usually better at keeping up with myself and those helping me here, really sorry I left you hanging!

Leeza

Comment

Unable to logon to the server using Secure Password Authentication. Account: 'mail.colourtherapyspa.com', Server: 'mail.colourtherapyspa.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid command.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

I pulled up this error message after ticking "refresh." Any idea what this might mean?

Comment

Hey Leeza: In your Outlook Express, click on tools, accounts and then select one of your email accounts, click on properties and go to servers. Is the Logon using secure password authentication, checked? If so, un check it. I don't have it checked in my accounts, so maybe try that. Let me know.

I just responded to the emai you sent me from info@colourtherapyspa.com.
            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Re: Outlook Express Assistance

thanks once again, but it wasn't checked...and still am not getting mail, yours or anyone else's. That logon box keeps popping up. Am I right in putting in the user id and password that Vodahost gave me there?
              All else I've checked shows I have two accounts. I just can't figure this out...I switch identities and get nada. I think I'll have to find someone locally to look at this and help me, but sure appreciate all the help you've been offering! If anything changes I'll let you know!

Leeza

Comment

Sorry you are stillhave problems. At this point all I can advise is check and double check your email accounts in outlook match the email accounts that you set up in your cpanel in terms of names and passwords exactly. If you have followed the instructions in the tutorial and the help given to you on your other thread, you should be good to go. There is no logon box that pops up in outlook express that requires you to put a user id and password in that vodahost gave you. If it's the account login box, that would be the name and password that YOU set up in your cpanel. Good Luck to you Leeza and send me and email when you can. My hubby is a computer tech and so if you can send me an email, we can talk that way instead of in the forum and I can get him to help.
                Cindy Smentowski

Comment

You won't like my suggestion - but first, go into your control panel and use your webbased mail account to find all your emails. You can ALWAYS get to them there.

Then - go into OE and delete out the email addresses. Go into your CP and do the same. Now, take out the directions, and follow them step-by-step - first creating them all in you CP - then going to OE and creating them there.

Do you know the correct input for your "outgoing mail" in OE - you need to have that from your ISP - it's probably smtp.yourisp.com or .net And you have to have "my server requires authentication" checked. Then, make sure under connection you check the box always connect to this account using - and leave it at Local area network.

All of this is in the tutorial - just take it slowly - start from scratch - and do it all again. After you go in and check the webbased email - you can get to it from your control panel also.
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Ditto what Beth says! It may be the only way at this point to get you straighten out!
                    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Thanks ladies, will try again in the morning! (I don't give up easily, I can atleast say that for myself!)

Leeza

Comment

That'a Girl!! Keep us posted! I'll keep checking back when I'm online!
                        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hi all,
                          I am Akhilesh form India
                          i tried to setup my outlook to receive and send mails. Whe start to send a mail, i go this erro from outlook.

Task 'mail.vanijyabharati.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC65) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA'

Is anyone there who can help me?

Akhilesh

Comment

Please click the below....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                            02036089024 / United Kingdom
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hiya all,

Well I've got ONE of my Outlook Express emails working just fine. Yippie! Then we've got a boohoo for the other one...

leeza@colourtherapyspa.com

I tried to send myself an email and up comes the following error over and over: It doesn't make sense to me that an error could be in the subject line of an email, it's just junk I typed in there...any thoughts?

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'fri 15th test three 2 pm', Account: 'mail.colourtherapyspa.com', Server: 'mail.colourtherapyspa.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B

The email simply will not "send."

Thanks,
                              Leeza

Comment

Working...
                              X