X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Outlook Express Help

In case this is happening to anyone else:

If OE quits receiving messages properly:

When you set it up - you set up the incoming mail server as mail.yourdomain.com

On most of our computers, this changes to an IP address and continues working fine. All of a sudden on my computer, it is no longer receiving messages if the IP is showing.

Right now, to solve this, I have to redo my incoming mail servers on all my accounts in OE whenever I log on my computer (or reboot). Luckily I have it down to a science now and it's only taking about 1 1/2 minutes!

If anyone has a clue why it quit accepting the IP address, I'd love to hear it - but for anyone else - if OE will send but stops receiving - take a look at this.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Re: Possible Outlook Express Help

Hi Beth,
    Would like to know myself. I get the same problem with incredimail. It can work fine for weeks & all of a sudden it won’t pick up mail from the server. If I re type all my email account details into the add new account all will start working again. Sometimes it will correct itself & other times it seems to get stuck in a loop as if its permanently trying to login.. (Strange) At the moment its working fine & I hope its not reading this message & going to go funny again.

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: Possible Outlook Express Help

I am of the opinion that Windows corrupts your passwords and login info. Ive seen it happen on other things. I suggest you not only clear cache and reboot, but to also run defrag and disk cleaner, even tho it will probably say it doesnt need it. Fact is windows lays down files sometimes where ever it feels like, and just because a file doesnt look orphaned on a quick scan, it can be. Run the defrag and redo your passwords after rebooting and see if they stay after that.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X