• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SChajin
    Major General

• Jan 2006

My e-mail address

Can anyone tell me what to do about getting someone off of my e-mail address, they have added their name and are spamming everyone. I keep blocking them the e-mails coming back to me but I need to adress this issue! Thanks
    Sharon Chajin
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: Someone stole my e-mail address

Sharon,
    It sounds like a worm - and there's really nothing you can do - that's how the worm works - it probably invaded a computer that had your email address in their address book - and then it sends spam and/or viruses that way. Just keep deleting and it should eventually slow down/stop.

I'm not sure I read this exactly right from your description - so it might be something else - but this is what it sounds like.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Karen Mac
      General

• Apr 2006

WELLLL>. .. it might not be a worm. There are anonymous emailers that you can type ANY email address into and make it look like it came from a host, but may NOT have.

Still not much you Can do. You can try encrypting your email address. You can try finding the ip of the actual sender and block that ip. And what do you mean they ADDED their name.. they accessed your cpanel and got into your mail system? Or are you talking about your isp email?
      Contact your ISP immediately if thats the case. Go change passwords on horde and cpanel if its the mail there.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• SChajin
        Major General

• Jan 2006

Thanks, I will try to do that. They keep changing their name as well...It goes from : deanandpatoky to deanandpattko..Now that I'm blocking them they are changing it. Weird
        Sharon Chajin

Comment

Working...
        X