• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joshsummer
    Corporal

• Sep 2006

Email forwarding question

Hi! My name is Summer. My website is www.manaroa.com . I have only just realised that if anyone tries to send me an email from our website, it is not going anywhere!! A few months back I changed personal email addresses and went throught the process of using cpanel to put in the new details so my website emails go into my personal email....so I thought! I wondered why I wasn't getting any emails from the site and just tried it today, IT'S STILL GOING TO MY OLD EMAIL!! In cpanel it has the right email, bookings@manaroa.com }} joshsummer@clovabay.net.nz , but when I try and send myself an email from the site, it opens an email message to josh-summer@xtra.co.nz ! This is not right!!! What can I do???? Please help!!

Thanks in advance!
    Summer
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Re: Email forwarding question

1) Open up http://www.manaroa.com/contact.html the contact contact.html page
    2) Delete and recreate the email address on the page. I mean 100% delete, DO NOT just type over or try to edit like you did before.
    3) Republish
    4) You are good to go...

Your problem is that you changed the email addresses on the page with out changing the email mailto: hyperlink, so they are still going to the old addresses. If you mouse over them and look at the bottom left hand corner of your screen, youn will see what I mean.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X