• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cre8tivelegance
    Sergeant

• Feb 2007

Help with email please

Hi,

I'm not able to receive emails. I can send them but when I go into my control panel under webmail and sign in, my inbox shows "no messages" and yet when I click on the sent it shows all that I've sent.

I'm using outlook 2003. I set everything up as stated in the tutorial and did a test run and it showed everything worked. My incoming mail server (POP3) is mail.greatcandlesbymary.com and my outgoing mail server (SMTP) is mail.sbcglobal.net my email address is admin@greatcandlesbymary.com

I can read my incoming mail in outlook however, it did say I had some errors loggin in even though I was logged in.......not sure what was up with this but I'm concerned that this may cause problems down the road.

Ok, here may sound like a stupid question.......even though I can read my incoming emails through outlook, shouldn't I also be able to read them through my cpanel? I can see through my cpanel the "test" emails I sent out but nothing shows up in my inbox.
  • Nite Producer
    Lieutenant Colonel

• May 2006

Re: Help with email please

if your e-mail comes up to Outlook Express, that mean that they no longer in the server so you won't be able to see them in the webmail, because they are stored in your Outlook now.

Are you able to receive them in Outlook?

CHeck the password you gave to your e-mail address again.

Do the following to make sure:

1 - Go to your CP>mail> edit accounts> click password "which in front of admin@....com, change the password.

2 - then go to Outlook, normaly when you restart outlook, automaticaly it prompts you to set the password up, because you've change it, other wise go to tools> accounts and set everything up from start.

Another thing : "maybe it's this"

in outlook click tools >accounts>click the account "admin@....com > properties "in the right side" > go to connection tab > make sur that the "Always connect to this account using:" is checked.
    The Producer

Comment

Working...
    X