• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WebMagic
    First Sergeant

• Feb 2006

How to set up email addresses properly

Voda Host:

I need help very quickly! I have set up email addresses on pages where people are supposed to send in thier private information so I can organize consultations.

I've used "mailto" to set them up, but when I test it an email account opens for me, the address is not in the "TO" field. People have tried to get through and can't.

I have left the box empty, where the choices are: "blank, parent, self, and top". Should I select one of those items?

I have tested the email addresses and they work, but something is amiss about the way I've set things up on these pages where I want them to email me at a certain address.

Please advise. I don't know what to do about this!

Thanks for your help.

WebMagic
    Account ID: 4694
    Webpages in question:

• LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: How to set up email addresses properly

Originally posted by WebMagic
    Voda Host:

I need help very quickly! I have set up email addresses on pages where people are supposed to send in thier private information so I can organize consultations.

I've used "mailto" to set them up, but when I test it an email account opens for me, the address is not in the "TO" field. People have tried to get through and can't.

I have left the box empty, where the choices are: "blank, parent, self, and top". Should I select one of those items?

I have tested the email addresses and they work, but something is amiss about the way I've set things up on these pages where I want them to email me at a certain address.

Please advise. I don't know what to do about this!

Thanks for your help.

WebMagic
    Webpages in question:

http://www.powerlife-solutions.com/SIG-Bonus-prep.html

You might consider a contact form, there are many threads to be found assisting you with this topic, however, in answer to your question, what you need to do is to insert the email address in a text box, select it and go to insert, then choose link, choose mail and this will then provide your address as a link, it will then open up your computers default mailer, such as outlook etc., Some people may not prefer this. You can also just have your email address in a text box that people copy and paste into their email program of choice ...

If you are linking your email address as in the first example, it is a good idea to encrypt it at www.dynamicdrive.com
    If you go there and look and read the instructions you will know what to do and how this helps with avoiding spammers reading your email address.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• WebMagic
      First Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by LadyEye
      You might consider a contact form, there are many threads to be found assisting you with this topic, however, in answer to your question, what you need to do is to insert the email address in a text box, select it and go to insert, then choose link, choose mail and this will then provide your address as a link, it will then open up your computers default mailer, such as outlook etc., Some people may not prefer this. You can also just have your email address in a text box that people copy and paste into their email program of choice ...

If you are linking your email address as in the first example, it is a good idea to encrypt it at www.dynamicdrive.com
      If you go there and look and read the instructions you will know what to do and how this helps with avoiding spammers reading your email address.
      I did set up a new contact form but can't get my Submit button to send anything anywhere. I have followed the php script advice re forms, but I get completely lost!

My Voda Host emails aren't working for new people trying to reach me. I even tried my old Contact form that has worked in the past, and receive nothing in my Inbox. Also I get a message when I click the Submit button that says the webpage cannot be displayed.

So people aren't getting to my Thank You page (which is set up as php).

I really need some help by people who have gone through all this.

All this time is costing me potential clients! I'm getting panicky!

Here are where my forms and thank you pages are:
      #1 http://www.powerlife-solutions.com/contact.html
      #1 Thx: http://www.powerlife-solutions.com/action.html

#2 http://www.powerlife-solutions.com/S...-prepFORM.html (temp name while I'm working on getting things right)
      #2 Thx: http://www.powerlife-solutions.com/actionsig.html

I've watched the tutorials again and again. Shows how to set up the forms OK, but not the rest of the procedure. What used to work isn't anymore.

Can you help walk me through this?

Sincerely,
      WebMagic

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Your contact form probably doesn't work because you have not set the encoding type to "multipart/form data". The second one worked for me.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• WebMagic
          First Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by navaldesign
          Your contact form probably doesn't work because you have not set the encoding type to "multipart/form data". The second one worked for me.
          Hi Navaldesign!

Thanks so much for giving these a try. I still can't get either one to work for me.

Yes the second one worked. It came through to my Inbox (minus subject line). It's funny because the first one has been working for months. They both have been set up with "multipart/form data" as encoding type.

I haven't made separate Notepad pages for my action pages. I don't know how to keep my formatting in place. I thought of copying and pasting from the Page Properties HTML on the action pages onto Notepad.

I couldn't find any php pages to upload via File Manager or FTP. I simply saved and published the action pages as php.

I still get "Webpage cannot be displayed" message when I click both Submit Buttons, and nothing comes through to my Blue Voda emails for me.

I am at a complete loss as to how to fix this. I've been receiving emails to both "info@ and coach@" powerlife-solutions.com. But not through the forms, until yours came through on the second one.

Did you actually see the Thank You page on the second one? What showed up on the first one?

Any suggestions you can make will be MOST appreciated!

WebMagic

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

They BOTH worked for me. of course, i don't know if you have received the mails or not. If they don't work for you, upon submission, refresh the pages as your browser might be cacheing with an older version that didnt work
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• WebMagic
              First Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by navaldesign
              They BOTH worked for me. of course, i don't know if you have received the mails or not. If they don't work for you, upon submission, refresh the pages as your browser might be cacheing with an older version that didnt work
              I cleared Internet temp files, tried the refreshing process, and BOTH are working for me too!

I think I'm back in business! I luv ya! My fish love ya too - and my cats!

Thanks so much for sticking with me.

WebMagic

Comment

Working...
              X