X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Squiddy
    Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Re: Contact/Action Form email problem...

Agreed.
    I went into my CP...(Mail Manager Main Menu)
    Forwarding....
    set my default address to tempdent@comcast.net

What would go in my action page html, mail to
    would it be myusername@tempdent.net.com ?
    Do I add the ".net"?...the .com????

I'll have to look into how this setup works after work tonight.

1 last thing so I understand......
    when we discuss a "BV" email account/mailbox, we are talking about the mailbox in the Horde screen?

Thanks for all the help.....be back after work.

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Horde is just a tool that allowes you to see your emails directly on the web. It is similar to Yahoo mail, Gmail etc.

To setup an email account within your VH account, go in your CP, Mail, Add/Manage/Remove Accounts. Click on Add new account, and follow the wizard.
      This way you will be able to send / receive emails in this email address, and then look at them through Horde.

However, you can also setup your Outlook Express so that these emails arrive straight to your desktop.
      Here are the tutorials for setting up a new email account in your CP and on your desktop: http://www.vodahost.com/tut_email.htm
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• pristinelife
        Captain

• Apr 2007

With all these GREAT SUGGESTIONS and support here at BV, I was wondering if there's a way we can save them either on our acct here in the forum or outside so that if we'd need to go back we can find them easily? It doesn't seem to work for me when I set up a new folder in my favorites for BV.
        Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html
        Who is Pristinelife? http://ourjourneytolife.com/aboutme.html

Comment

• Squiddy
          Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post

To setup an email account within your VH account, go in your CP, Mail, Add/Manage/Remove Accounts. Click on Add new account, and follow the wizard.
          This way you will be able to send / receive emails in this email address, and then look at them through Horde.
          Did this, and entered the new email adress in my Action page html.
          I created the email address messages@tempdent.net......
          went into "fowarding options" and added tempdent@comcast.net (my comcast address)....but it doesn't forward automatically.....although the messages are there in BV/Horde.

I've been holding off on creating an outlook express mailbox, as it empties my comcast mailbox everytime I open O.E.

Very frustrating.....
          I'm thinking of doing away with my FORM page and just adding a "link" text that will open up a email screen.
          I'm guessing I could do this on BV...correct?

Comment

• navaldesign
            General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

1. It will forward if you have set it up correctly.
            2. You CAN setup Outylook Express, and still have the mails kept (not deleted) on the server. Simply, in OE go in Tools, Accounts, select your account that you want messages to be kept on the server, then Properties, Advanced, and tick the "Keep a copy of the message on the server". This way the messages will arrive in your Outlook Express mailbox and still the messages will remain on the server too. However, i intended that you could receive on your desktop the messages sent to the VH email address by the form, not the one with comcast. Why should you need the comcast address if you receive the info straight on your desktop ?

3. Yes, you can simply add a text like "Mail me" and link it to your comcast (or other) email address. However, forms are used in most cases because they provide specific information. A simple email will induce the visitor to send you what ever he thinks is usefull, which not always is what you need as info.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X