submit button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• submit button

can someone please help i have made my contact page and put in the submit button but if you put your cursor on it nothing happens i want it so when you press it it sends the details to my email address of baitsrus******.com. Thanks.

Re: submit button

Your submit button probably isn't within your form. If it rests outside of the form then its just a button that doesn't do anything

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

thanks i have moved it inside the form but now it said "file not found" more help please.

Comment

Check the action of your form. Make sure that file exists

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

thanks for the help but i haven't got a clue what you are on about can you give me some detailed instructions please, please

Comment

Please provide a url to your form and we'll take a look.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

thanks alot that would be good if you could (im a poet and i dint know it)
              it is www.baitsrus.co.uk

Comment

Both the submit button and your Text area (for comments) are outside the form area. Follow these steps:

Copy the textarea and the submit button (select them, right click, Copy) , then delete them.

Stretch the form further down to cover the position of these two elements. Paste them back in the page using the Paste Icon in the top toolbar. Then save and publish again.
                refresh your browser before testing.
                During editing, make the page background white so you can see what you are doing.
                Also, name the Text area, i.e. Comments
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

My problem with the submit button is that when used in previewing from a browser such as IE, it gives me the old:

This program cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
                  • You are not connected to the Internet.
                  • The website is encountering problems.
                  • There might be a typing error in the address.

...instead of my TY page.

Connection is fine...website is fine...I entered everything exactly as the tutorials said (or so I think). So what did I screw up? Or will it just not work until the site is published and up like page transition special effects?
                  sigpic

Danville, IN

WWW.PEACEOFMINDINSPECTION.COM

Comment

If the site is NOT published, the TY page doesn't exist, so the form can NOT submit the info to it.
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

But I am entering it via a link from the button, so it seems that it should show up in the browser. All of my other links work perfectly from the preview browser. Please feel free to check the site out. It will hopefully be up Monday as I did not get the order done until the wee hours of the morning today.

sigpic

Danville, IN

Comment

The reason yours works is because it is loaded onto a server (GODaddy) for now. So all the pages will be found.

If some one creates pages and never puplishes them to the server- then the links won't work on the computer in preview.

By the way- very nice job on your site.

Andy
                        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy128 View Post
                          The reason yours works is because it is loaded onto a server (GODaddy) for now. So all the pages will be found.

If some one creates pages and never puplishes them to the server- then the links won't work on the computer in preview.

By the way- very nice job on your site.

Andy
                          ???-You have me on that one. I haven't published it yet. Nothing should be loaded.
                          sigpic

Danville, IN

Comment

Please feel free to check the site out
                            I assumed you had a site loaded at GoDaddy because that is the only way you could have others preview it. If you used the BV Web builder -your preview button only shows pages on your computer. Therefore- no one could "take a look" at them.

Andy
                            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

No, just the parking page is there. I bought the domain almost a year ago and am just now getting to it. I was talking about previewing through the browsers that I have loaded. But thank you for the input. BTW-the site should be up today in the afternoon, as I noted in a previous post.
                              Last edited by pominspections; 07-23-2007, 07:40 AM. Reason: Because I do not plan ahead.
                              sigpic

Danville, IN

Comment

Working...
                              X