• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dream Lady
    Major General

• Feb 2006

Re: broader email perspective desired

The email program you use has nothing to do with your ISP. On my computer I have Microsoft Office and my particular version came with Outlook and Outlook Express. I prefer Outlook Express and so I use that program to send and receive emails. Since I have my own Hosting account with Vodahost with unlimited emails, I choose to use my hosting account to set up my email addresses. If you view the tutuorials (found above) it will guide you through, how to set up your email account in your vodahost cpanel, as well as the steps you need to take on your own computer. Depending on the ISP you go with, they may require that you use their outgoing smtp to send emails. This is something they will tell you. If not, you can use vodahost for incoming and outgoing.

I'll be honest, in that it is not easy to understand all of this if you are brand new to all of this. But I encourage you to do a search in the forum under the various categories. There have been thousands of posts on various aspects of your questions. That's how I learned alot, was just reading a lot of the others posts. For any of us to try and explain in detail how you need to go about getting an ISP, and selecting an email program, is a little much, because there is so much involved.

Once you are set up and ready to go, please ask your heart away about the bluevoda webbuilder and vodahosting and we will be here to help in any way we can.
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• kahara
      Corporal

• Aug 2007

Thanks.
      You have cleared some things up for me.
      Kahara.

Comment

• symphony
        Private First Class

• Nov 2007

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
        OE (and Windows Live Mail, the equivalent for Vista) are very good (i use the second one, that makes a GREAT job with spam mail) are both very good pieces of software.

However, the ISP might also be important, especually if it blocks port 25 which you need to send mail through your own domain email addresses.
        Please help I have these problems with my Windows Mail in South Africa, please please help all I want is my own email address with BV as my host.

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

It is impossible to hel you from a distance. However, there is a full step by step tutorial about setting up your email account in Outlook Express. Windows Live Mail is VERY similar, so have a look at http://www.vodahost.com/tut_email.htm
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• symphony
            Private First Class

• Nov 2007

i have watched the tutorial and i have tried, almost everything possible, are they working on something at BV specific for Windows Mail?

Comment

• navaldesign
              General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

As already said, Windows Mail is the same as OutLook Express as long as settings are concerned.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X