• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willc
    Staff Sergeant

• Aug 2007

Not rec uploads in Hordes

Can ne1 tell me why I cannot get my uploads into my Horde email? Below is the email I get from Horde indicting email error
    Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 18:23:59 -0500 [06:23:59 PM CDT] From: Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@voda17.voda17.com> To: uppazujp@voda17.voda17.com Subject: Mail failure - no recipient addresses Headers: Show All Headers A message that you sent contained no recipient addresses, and therefore no
    delivery could be attempted.

------ This is a copy of your message, including all the headers. ------

To:
    Subject: Cust Uploaded Files
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
    boundary="==Multipart_Boundary_x14157dbdcd23d0605f 523a35e25fda69x"
    Message-Id: <E1IMu7j-0002aD-DG@voda17.voda17.com>
    Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 18:23:59 -0500

Ive checked my settings in ABVFP and the uploads location looks correct
    www.ME3ddd.com - Creative graphics and 3D animation

www.endbalding.blogspot.com Get remedies and info regarding hair loss
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Not rec uploads in Hordes

LOL.. ok.. i have a headache just thinking on this one. First of all, you cant get UPLOADS to your mail. You can get them on your server, then you can create an autoresponder, and an attatchment, MAYBE, This would take a script to run it and youd have to generate the script to perform the action.. like in the case of a shopping cart, that either allows the download, or attatches the download to an email reciept. The upload NEVER makes it to your mail actually. IM not positive that horde allows you to attatch it, and Im not going to go look either, but thats how it would have to be done.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• willc
      Staff Sergeant

• Aug 2007

Problem is the files arent even reaching my sever. I have set up a folder for uploads in AVBFP. I set up the path in ABVFP admin area so a visitor can uploads their files to the uploads folder, but when I test it nothing ever shows in it. And its getting very frustrating. I was told by Naval Design that Ive typed the path wrong but Ive checked it numerous times
      www.ME3ddd.com - Creative graphics and 3D animation

www.endbalding.blogspot.com Get remedies and info regarding hair loss

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Karen, this is NOT correct.
        ABVFP will not only upload the files, but will also attach the files in the email, so Will should be recieving them as attachments in Horde. If he doesn't, he has setup someting wrong. Furthermore, if he he sets up his Outllok Express to directly recieve the mails, he will recieve the attachments directly in his desktop, there is no need to connect to webmail.

Will, this is NOT the mail you should be receiving. This is a message from the system that the autoresponder mail has failed for some reason, which i don't know. I have numerus times offered to set it up for you, but you don't want, so there is nothing more i can do. Sorry.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Karen Mac
          General

• Apr 2006

Naval..

I think we said the same thing. I think hes trying to UPLOAD them to the mail server and thats what im saying he cant do, but that his FORM would actually do the attatching if the files were on HIS server. I dont use horde for this purpose so thats why i didnt know if it allowed the attatchment. I do this type of thing off the desktop thru out look and not horde.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Karen, i am not sure what you mean here. The attached files ARE stored in a special area of the MAIL server, even if the files are not even uploaded on his server. You don't know where (this depends on the mailserver setup and is only known to the administrators), but they are there.

The reason for uploading, further to attaching the files to the email, is simple: most ISP's will not allow attachments over a certain size, so at least the files are uploaded on the server and a link to them is contained on the server.

The files uploaded on the mail server remain there for as long as you don't delete the mail. Also, they get deleted after receiving the mail through a mail client (Outlook Express) unless you have checked the "Keep a copy on the server" checkbox in Outlook Express's settings.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Karen Mac
              General

• Apr 2006

OHHHHHHH.. sorry I didnt think you could store files up there, but now that you say that .. i understand what you mean, as long as the email stays there. Sorry for adding to the confusion, but.. doesnt he have to upload them somewhere to make the autoresponder attatch them?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

When a file is uploaded through a form, the file is initially stored in the Temp directory of your site. At this pont, you can:
                1. read the binary file and attach it to the email (after it is split in acceptable lenght lines and base_64 encoded)
                2. Move the file from Temp to a normal folder of the site, otherwise php(by default) will delete this file from the temp folder as soon as the session is closed.

So, when you upload a file through a form, the file is anyway uploaded, then, the script moves it to make it permanently accessible.
                Of course, you can also store the file in the database, reading the file content and storing it in a variable, then the variable is stored in the database.

If you download ABVFP and open the file dbts_abvfp with Notepad or any php editor, you wil find the routines that do this.

If the files are to be stored in the database, the file can be read directly from the temp folder and stored in the database. There is no actual need to move it first to a permanent folder.

When the file is attached in an email, the script creates a boundary (can be anything, usually md5(time) or something similar) and send a multipart/mixed type email. The variable that has stored the file content is contained within this boundary.

doesnt he have to upload them somewhere to make the autoresponder attatch them?
                No, that is not necesary. The file is already uploaded in the temp folder. You don't even need an autoresponder. And, to be honest, i don't think you can attach a file in a CP autoresponder. ABVFP as well as other form processors that have the ability to send attachments, just read the file content, and, as explained above, attach it to the email that is sent to the site administrator. In the same way theu can be forwarded to any other email address.

An application that i built for a customer, used a somewhat complicated system: The client was having on his site many forms intended to provide information about various products that my client was affiliated with. Each product was stored in the database, and together with it, up to 6 email addresses related to that product (his own email address, the company's sales email address, the company's public relationships office email address, as well as any other email addresses the site owner wanted. Well, upon form submission, the script can email all these email addresses (retrieving them from the database) with the attachments, as well as store the attached files in the database together with the rest of the form info.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                X