IP address mix up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP address mix up?

Okay, I'm trying to set up my email through Windows Mail. I added to a post already in existence (started back in July by someone else) so I'll just copy it to here so you get the full story:

I was able to set up my account through C Panel and on Windows Mail on my computer. But now I can't send or receive emails. When sending, I get the error message:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test5', Account: 'Work', Server: 'mail.goldenlimousinechicago.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I have McAfee security and disabled email protection and spent over an hour on the phone with Tech Support for my computer, so I'm wondering if it's something with the server at BlueVoda. Please help, I'm totally stuck now and desperate!!!!

While I kept scouring the forum for other advice I read the VERY first post in Email Problems by Sticky. Took his advice to check my IP address. Lo and behold, the IP address assigned to my hosting account is totally different!! WTF! Thinking that maybe IP Chicken thing is reading my personal computer IP and not my hosting IP I log off of C Panel only to find that the IP address I was logged into in the C Panel was none other than the very same one Chicken Dude came up with. I'm published under the IP address assigned to me and even though I chose that very same IP address to log into for the C Panel it was totally different. So now I'm confused, frustrated and totally lost. This website is for my business and I need help figuring this out as soon as possible. Sticky suggested contact IP???? Have no clue how to do that. Someone, anyone, please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.goldenlimousinechicago.com
    Client ID #: 17363

Re: IP address mix up?

Your site is on Voda 18, IP address 74.86.118.18.

However, this CAN'T have anything to do with the email problem. Try setting up your Outllok Express to "Server authentication required" under Sever settings. Also check to see if your firewall disallowes Outllok Express and eventually add OE in the list of allowed programs
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: IP address mix up?

It is set to "Server authentication required" just like it said to in the tutorial. Umm, I'm confused, what firewall? I disabled McAfee which is the only thing I can think of that would block any emails.

I can't think of any reason that the IP thing would affect my email other than the fact that my website is published under 74.86.118.18 and C Panel shows 75.4.45.203, yet says I'm logged in for my IP address. I may just be confusing myself, happens often, so I'll forget the whole IP thing.

Just an FYI, I watched the email tutorial twice and then played it a third time while setting up my email to pause and go through step by step with the tutorial to make sure I wasn't making any mistakes. This is where I'm stuck. I'm pretty sure I must have made a mistake somewhere or there's something funky about Windows Mail (upgrade from Outlook Express) that I'm missing I just can't find it.

Comment

Working...
      X