Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attachments--how big is too big to open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachments--how big is too big to open?

My primary Voda domain is jhwm.net, and I just received an e-mail weighing 6,714KB at my jim@jhwm.net address. Each time I try to open it, I get logged out of Horde. I also can't forward this e-mail to another address, where I know I'd be able to open it. So . . . what do I do? I'm sure there is an upper limit on how big an e-mail's attachment(s) can be, but what is it?

Re: Attachments--how big is too big to open?

Instead of opening it, try to save as.. onto your computer.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks, but . . . how exactly do I do that? When I go into my Inbox and try right-clicking on the subject of the e-mail, the options I get are Open Link, Open Link in New Window, Copy Shortcut, or Add Bookmark. None of those sound like what I'd need to save it to my PC. Save Target As is grayed out.

Comment

There is an option (if i recall well, in the lower left part) to download the attachment as it is or as a zip archive.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks, Naval, but if you mean the lower-L corner of Inbox (or any of my e-mail folders in Horde), I don't see the tool you mentioned. If it's in the lower-L corner inside the e-mail itself, that doesn't help because the large size of the attachment is what seems to be preventing me from opening the e-mail itself.

In the last few hours I've discovered that if I use SquirrelMail to try opening these e-mails with big file attachments, I can get both the e-mail and the attachment to open. So that's my work-around for now--better than nothing.

Comment

Working...
          X