ISP Blacklist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISP Blacklist

I went to Robtex.com to check out my ISP - it appears that it is on a general blacklist because of my service provider which is Verizon

Multi-RBL check 71.112.166.199 (pool-71-112-166-199.sttlwa.dsl-w.verizon.net) AS19262 VZGNI NYTRANSIT Verizon Global Networks New York

Can anyone tell me what I am reading here and is what I am seeing bad?
    Oscar7
    www.pnwresearch.com

Re: ISP Blacklist

Verizon does not subscribe to any 3rd party delivery certification programs, meaning that they are not paying or "complying" one iota on behalf of thier clients for the extra measure of deliverability of their email to closed communities such as AOL, Google, MSN, Yahoo, or Earthlink clients. It is all part of a strategy for these "communities" to maximize the potential advertising revenue themselves by restricting access to their customers, for as we all know, a valid/opted email distribution list is like gold! (read in here the obvious shift of AOL Keywords, and the how quickly Google became transaparent with the addition of tracking and secondary marketing included in their "free tools" and AdSense schemes). Thus, Verizon (and Juno/NetZero) has taken an aggressive stance of not paying what they deem to be extortion.
    And, as a matter of fact, Verizon is currently doing battle with Google over the last bit of internet access, and this fight is part of the ongoing battle briefly described below.....

Basically, since early April of last year AOL, Google, and Yahoo "conspired" to implement a Certified Email program, whereby they block most incoming email to their clients unless they are "whitelisted" with goodmail.com or pay an actual fee for such delivery "handling" (approximately $0.0025 each email message). Unfortunately, they instituted this program with only one benficiary (Goodmail) and have effectively created not only a tiered internet client status, but preempted Congressional efforts to standardize internet "protocol" on behalf of consumers.

If you are a business or even a dentist, say for example, and used to depend on your clients receiving invoices or even appointment reminders and you have not either tried to jump through the very narrow hoops at Goodmail or paid any "fees" as demanded, your emails more than likely have been scrubbed before even landing in the pre-formatted Spam box at your clients' email inbox!!

I kept telling everyone about it, but I was labeled an "upstart" for rocking the boat when it came to everyone loving Google.....amazing too, because the seemingly popular "Save the Internet" thread posted by General Racefan20 in the VodaLounge is directly related....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, however in my case as an individual and customer of Verizon, how am I effected. Assuming I am guility by association how does this effect my life on the net and any endeavors I may want to embark upon?
      Oscar7
      www.pnwresearch.com

Comment

If your Home / office IP is blacklisted, you might be blocked from sending out email.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

One more try - My ISP is 71.112.166.199 - Does anyone know how to check this ISP and understand the information presented. I have never spammed anyone but do I automatically have a problem because Verizon is my service provider. Maybe, might, could answers don't really help - If this was your ISP number would you be alarmed and looking for another service provider or is the information being presented general in nature and not really anything to worry about??
          Oscar7
          www.pnwresearch.com

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar7 View Post
            - 1.Does anyone know how to understand the information presented. I have never spammed anyone but do I automatically have a problem because Verizon is my service provider. 2. Maybe the information being presented general in nature and not really anything to worry about??
            1. There is nothing you can do about it...it is merely a "profile jacket" assigned due to the classification of your Porvider.

2. Exactly.....don't worry, unless you feel that this will impede an effective email campaign. If so, then you may simply wish to structure your program appropriately, either via an outsourced partner or from a compliant ID (which can often be modified by using ACT or another utility --- even by scheduling your campaign to be sent from your VH account!).
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank You, for the reply. I have a better understanding of what was being said previously and will hope there is no real problem - will keep a copy of your recommended fix if I find I have a problem later on. Thanks Again
              Oscar7
              www.pnwresearch.com

Comment

Working...
              X