Not receiving emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not receiving emails

I set up the email account cturner@triquemfg.com in cpanel and it says it was successfully created. I went to my gmail acct and sent a test email and immediately got the following response:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

cturner@triquemfg.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 sorry, mail to that recipient is not accepted (#5.7.1) (state 14).

----- Original message -----

MIME-Version: 1.0
    Received: by 10.141.33.19 with SMTP id l19mr818090rvj.294.1236980141388; Fri,
    13 Mar 2009 14:35:41 -0700 (PDT)
    Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 16:35:41 -0500
    Message-ID: <34b4f51b0903131435s4a6cfee3g908eda0a9e2719c7***** .gmail.com>
    Subject: test
    To: cturner@triquemfg.com
    Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=000e0cd1452eebf59a046506e1cb

--000e0cd1452eebf59a046506e1cb
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

test

--000e0cd1452eebf59a046506e1cb
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Not sure what is wrong. Followed the tutorial directions.
    Have a hosting account.
    cpanel said the email was created successfully
    I'm lost.

Do I need to transfer my domain from go***** in order for it to work?

Chris
    www.triquemfg.com

Re: Not receiving emails

Make sure you dont have any forwarders set up for this account. You dont need to transfer your domain name anywhere. The mail is a seperate server.

If you have tried to FORWARD the mail.. this will cause that error. Even if you delete the acct and reinstall it.. the forwarder remains.. you have to remove these seperately.

If you have NO forwarders..put in a support ticket to see if they can see what the issue is.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

No forwarders setup and I have created a ticket and received no response.
      www.triquemfg.com

Comment

Went through the troubleshooting and everything checks out ok. Still am unable to set up a working e-mail which in turn makes the hosting account useless because I don't want to publish my site until e-mail is situated since the majority of my pages rely on working e-mail. Now debating whether or not the switch was worth the headache. I love the site building software. Seems like the time went into that. Disappointed thus far with everything else. Is there a technical support number or do I have to just keep asking questions on this board and waiting for an answer? I made 3 support tickets Friday only to find out that only 1 went through. Each one said it went through, but then again cpanel said I successfuly created an email address too.
        www.triquemfg.com

Comment

the problem your having is because you have yet to point your domain to vodahost servers.
          Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Awesome! How do I do that? Still learning.
            www.triquemfg.com

Comment

login to your domain registrar and go to manage my domains choose the domain and choose DNS and change the two servers listed there to your vodahost servers.
              Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Found the tutorial. I appreciate your help.
                www.triquemfg.com

Comment

No problem only to glade to help
                  Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

E-mail is working great now. The support folks should take into consideration all levels of site building abilities. The fix may have been simple to most, but had I not been told I would still be hunting for the answer. Support told me to watch the tutorials again. I was told that numerous times. I understand a lot of people probably ask before looking, but for those of us that look first that is as frustrating as calling a computer help line and having them ask you 12 times if your computer is plugged in. Thank you again for your help Alien Dude. I hope no one thinks I am slamming this site. So far hiccups aside I love it!
                    www.triquemfg.com

Comment

No problem thats what we're here for, if we did not have questions posted on the forum then the forum would die. so it does not matter how many times a question is asked in the past the answer will always come. i personaly take each question on here as a fresh one. never know i might learn something new.
                      Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Working...
                      X