This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outgoing mail not working

Got Outlook configured and email account set up in Cpanel. Was able to send a message to my company email from my personal email address, but couldn't send out an email. Error message: cannot connect to your outgoing server.
    My outgoing server settings have the 'requires authentication' box checked, and the same settings as the incoming server. The server port is 25 - did not make any changes there.
    Any clues as to what is wrong?

Re: outgoing mail not working

You need to set it to your internet connection (ISP) protocols with your connection user name and password. Even tho u are sending email from your domain you must GO THRU them. This has been enacted on most ISP to help cut down the spam

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

When you set up your email address in your cPanel, you failed to note the Outgoing Server port assigned to you (and your VodaServer Account) that was listed to the right.

In Outlook you will have to enter this server extension number accordingly (depending on your version of Outlook, you need follow the LOGIC and possibly not the exact steps here):
      Open Outlook
      Click: TOOLS > EMAIL ACCOUNTS > VIEW or CHANGE
      Double-click on the email address in particular to open Dialog.
      Click MORE SETTINGS Tab > ADVANCED ..... and you will see the box to properly change OUTGOING SERVER Port from 25 to whatever you noted was assigned to your domain in cPanel.

** In Outlook 2007, in the front Screen after TOOLS, you will need to check the Manual Settings Box and follow the above steps. Don't ask me about VISTA ..... I don't go there.

BEFORE YOU EXIT OUTLOOK .... SEND yourself a Test Email to confirm you have good server settings.
      Then close Outlook for at least 3 minutes, and open it again: it should be fine.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

You guys are great. Karen, I went back and changed my smtp settings to my isp address, but it still wouldn't go. Then I read that the ISP had a different port than the standard 25 -once I changed that to Netzero's smtp port #, I was able to send! Although I have no idea if this is the port that was assigned my domain in cPanel. Hmmm.

Don't blame you on the VISTA deal - we opted for XP when we got our newest computer. Thanks again, guys.

Comment

This is most likely NOT the one in your cpanel.. but tons of isps are cracking the whip to cut down on the spam so they make you sign in because you are logged to the internet thru them. Long as it works.. youre in business!

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/email-problems-pop-smtp-webmail/3472-help-i-can-not-set-up-my-email.html

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

It was pretty late when I was looking for this so I honestly don't remember where I saw it - but the outgoing port for my IP address is 465. Netzero's is 587- which is what I used -and it did work. If it stops working, I'll try 465. Don't know the diff, but if the gods are smiling upon you, dare you question?

Comment

From MAIN PAGE in cPanel > EMAIL ACCOUNTS > select an email account > CONFIGURE EMAIL ACCOUNT .... and you get a display like this:

(You can see the whole page image here)
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Configuring Mail Client for test@kmacenterprise.com

Please select an application:

Auto-Configure Microsoft Outlook® for IMAP Access
                Auto-Configure Microsoft Outlook® for POP3 Access
                Auto-Configure Microsoft Outlook Express® for IMAP Access
                Auto-Configure Microsoft Outlook Express® for POP3 Access
                Auto-Configure Mac Mail.app® for IMAP Access

Manual Settings
                Mail Server Username: test+kmacenterprise.com
                Incoming Mail Server: mail.kmacenterprise.com
                Outgoing Mail Server: mail.kmacenterprise.com (server requires authentication)
                Supported Incoming Mail Protocols: POP3, POP3S (SSL/TLS), IMAP, IMAPS (SSL/TLS)
                Supported Outgoing Mail Protocols: SMTP, SMTPS (SSL/TLS)
                As you can see NO PORT EXISTS.. and in most cases ive seen doesnt exist

My isp actually notified us of having to use their protocols. So clearly, many of us have to use ISP protocols. I can make a screen shot if you like.

Here is the PUBLISHED notifification for att yahoo customers previously posted as well.. they are NOT alone in this

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                X