Stymied - my email just don't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stymied - my email just don't work

I have outlook express (Microdoft Outlook email) I have got as far as being able to click on account in my email facility I than click on my email address set up in voda. No problem it shows above the send button that I am using the new email I have just set up, but that is where it ends... It now wants a password from me... I have tried all the passwords that I have as well as my Pop incoming server mail.mydomain.com from my welcome letter and my outgoing - the same result, also my pop mail in and my popmail password. Nothing changes or works. It now brings a pop up menu to my desktop no matter what program I am working in . It is driving me insane.. how can I get rid of this Bl....dy thing? It looks as follows (if we had an attachment facility I'd attach a screen print?) the name of the pop up screen right at the top is "Enter Network Password" - Next it has a key picture on a small blue square with an inner circle in blue and next to it it is written "Type your user name and password." Next it has a username field already filled with the email address I am trying to use next it has a password field... I have tried every password I know also the password that I chose when setting up the email in BV... what can the problem be please? This is my fifth day trying to understand how to set up a domain and email... I am at my wits end, it's an absolute bloody nightmare.

Please help someone???
    Thank you

Re: Stymied - my email just don't work

Hans...

Is this sending or checking mail? Its important to know which it is doing first.

It sounds like it is not saving your passwords correctly. I would do it for you.. but its not possible from here.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have just typed a long and detailed reply to this and stupidly didnt copy and past it elsewhere before pressing send!
      I got a msg that I am not not logged in or not allowed to reply or something like.
      I AM logged in.

Comment

Goodness! I keep getting told I am not logged in ... when at the top of the page it says "welcome betterdays"!

Comment

Try again.
          Hi
          I think I have a very similar problem. My pop3 email address for spa-lighting.co.uk has not worked all weekend. I have been using it through Outlook for months perfectly. I am assured by my ISP that nothing is blocked and they suspect a password issue.
          On Friday I had done two things. 1. I bought a ********** and set it up to send/receive spa-ighting emails. As far as I recall, I did not touch anything in Outlook our bv cpanel. It works perfectly.
          2. I went into cpanel and added an email address for personal with password set up etc. Neither the new one on fidgett.net or spa-lighting have worked since.
          ISP suggested trying to remove and reset Outlook emails, so I have done that. No success.
          I have tried every combination of username and password as we all tend to question our own records and memory after a while.
          To cap it all, I have not been able to get into cpanel during this time. when I click the link for my server, voda32, explorer is giving me a cant be found message. It was working on Friday.
          If I dont get my emails back up and running by start of business Monday a.m. I am in big trouble.
          So any advice or ideas would be welcome.
          Thank you. Tony

Comment

Hans.. i logged in.. recreated, made passwords, and could login from my computer.

Check your email for details and solutions.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X