Voda as my outgoing mail server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voda as my outgoing mail server

I apologize in advance for my ignorance.

My current outgoing mail server is my local internet service provider. I am having troubles sending emails to certain accounts (i.e. they are blacklisted by yahoo, comcast, etc...) Can vodahost be my outgoing mail server as well as my incoming mail server?

Thanks.

Re: Voda as my outgoing mail server

Just to clarify - this isn't for web based mail - this is for using a mail program like Outlook.

Comment

This is what i have done for more than 8 email addresses. Create the email accounts within your own domain, and then set them up in your outlook express. The incoming / outgoing mail servers will be mail.yourdomain.com

Some ISP's though will not allow outgoing mails if not going through their own mail server. So it actually depends on them.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
        This is what i have done for more than 8 email addresses. Create the email accounts within your own domain, and then set them up in your outlook express. The incoming / outgoing mail servers will be mail.yourdomain.com

Some ISP's though will not allow outgoing mails if not going through their own mail server. So it actually depends on them.

Hi George,

Since we all have a Voda ISP and Servers cant we manage our own emails without going through Outlook Express.

A lot of people just uses their Isp connection for the purpose of logging onto the internet and uses webmail??????????????????
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Your ISP is NOT VodaHost.

Your ISP is the company that provides you with the connection to the Internet. In Italy, in example, it is Telecom Italy (Or Wind, or Fastnet or other).

Most ISP do allow you to use your domain mailservers, but some will not. In those cases you will need to use your ISP's mail servers.

I NEVER use webmail exept for testing purposes. I always use my Windows Live Mail to send and receive mails directly from my desktop. One of the reasons is the number and frequency i receive mails, so i have set my Windows Live Mail to check my mailboxes every 5 minutes.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for explaining General.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
            X