• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Debi
    Captain

• Dec 2006

How to remove password requirement

Hello! My email accts work just fine - the problem is that I am required to provide a password now everytime I open my Outlook Express. I have added two domains, and it is asking twice, once for each new addon. I think it has something to do with using the SSL version in set up- but I can't figure out how to change it. I tried reconfiguring the set up using the IMAP without the SSL, but it didn't work. If this makes sense to anyone, LOL, and you know how I can fix this, I'd love to hear from you!
    Thanks!
    Debi
    DBoucher-Photography.com

• dougnez
    Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Re: How to remove password requirement

Hi Debi
    In Outlook Express there should be email account settings where you can inactive SSL and password required.... your internet provider may require these features to operate properly.. you will have experiment with it
    Hope that helps
    Doug

Comment

• Debi
      Captain

• Dec 2006

Hi Doug - thanks for your reply, but I don't think it's coming from OE, I took out the password there, and it didn't make a difference - it's coming from the control panel, email. I tried to change it to the non-SSL IMAP, but it made no difference.
      Debi
      DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

• dougnez
        Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Hi Debi
        I went in to the C-Panel and took a look.... And from what I can see a email password is required.... So I really don't know how to remove the email password....Maybe one of our fine masters of BV knowledge will weigh in... on this thread ... good luck
        Doug

Comment

• Debi
          Captain

• Dec 2006

Hi Doug- I have another site and it does not force the password. I think I chose the SSL version, and perhaps if I delete the email, and redo w/o using the SSL version, I may get rid of it. just haven't had time to mess with it yet! LOL Thank you - when I finall get around to it, I'll let you know how it works out.
          Debi
          DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

Working...
          X