Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• web form email

Hello,

How can I create a web form for emailing me for those who do not use an email client?

Thank you!

jojopara

Re: web form email

Everyone uses some EMAIL.. even if its hotmail or whatever.. or yahoo online..

The form shouldnt rely on their email.. but your SERVER mail if you have it set up correctly.

Its only if you use the email link that it would OPEN their email or cause an error.. the form shouldnt.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I must have not worded my question correctly.

I do not use web based email, I mean I download messages from yahoo in Thunderbird and reply from Thunderbird.

A lot of people do not use email clients that is why I ask about a web form.

Hope it is clear now.

jojopara

Comment

As Karen already said...it doesnt matter how u do it, everyone uses an email client whether it is free or paid, online or downloaded.....

What u may be trying to ask is if someone does not have an email account....in that case u could not respond 2 them

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
        Aguycanbeachhostel
        Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

Originally posted by jojopara View Post
          I must have not worded my question correctly.

I do not use web based email, I mean I download messages from yahoo in Thunderbird and reply from Thunderbird.

A lot of people do not use email clients that is why I ask about a web form.

Hope it is clear now.

jojopara
          What you dont understand is.. the form will send YOU mail regardless of what they use. And if you have an autoresponder set up.. it will send them mail.. no matter what they use if they have typed in their email address and you have set it up that way.

The only time it will become an issue is if you use a LINK instead of the form. The link use the command MAILTO.. which opens THEIR email client to send you an email. This has NOTHING to do with using a form.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
            What you dont understand is.. the form will send YOU mail regardless of what they use. And if you have an autoresponder set up.. it will send them mail.. no matter what they use if they have typed in their email address and you have set it up that way.

The only time it will become an issue is if you use a LINK instead of the form. The link use the command MAILTO.. which opens THEIR email client to send you an email. This has NOTHING to do with using a form.

Karen
            Dear Karen,

We have now come to where we should have been! I use the MAILTO command. I want to use a web-sent email form for those who do not use email clients on their computers.

Thank you!

jojopara

Comment

Then you have to create a FORM and not use the link.

Your question was about a form.. originally.. and i have repeatedly answered both scenarios for you.. but you arent listening or arent reading. You cant make a LINK that sends you mail that doesnt USE THEIRS. You can make a FORM and it will send you mail.

So.. create a form on the page.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Please go at : http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/forms.html

The first three topics explain how to create a form. If correctly setup, it will NOT use their email client.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                X