set up email account for a computer in another province

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• set up email account for a computer in another province

I need all the emails associated with sturgeonsound.ca to go to the customers account/computer in another province. I am in Ontario and he is in Alberta. Would be like being in New York and your client in Boston. How do I set up his computer? can I do it from here or do I need to walk him through the changes on his computer. Is there a way to set up something whereby he could check the email account remotely??

As well I built his website from my computer. Do I need to do anything different in C panel that address' the above situation?

This may all sound a bit convoluted but this sort of thing must happen all the time, no?

Re: set up email account for a computer in another province

The first thing to do will be set up the email addresses in the CPanel. You can do that easily enough and each address will have its own password.

To view these emails anywhere in the world....use webmail

eg

You login using the email address and the password you gave it.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thanks Darren,
      Two things
      Can i set up the multiple email address i listed in my original question and have one password for all. I need to make this as simple to operate as possible.
      I have set up the emails in cpanel and set up a forewarder to my email address to make sure it works and still i can't get it to work. Any thoughts??

Comment

1) Yes I quite often use the same password for my email addresses.
        2) Don't know, however I always set up my forwarders via webmail www.mydomain.com/webmail and they always work.
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Well i double checked everything.
          The links on the web page go to info@stureonsound.ca as mailto. I have all 4 email address going to info@sturgeonsound. do you think that is ok or should they all go to thier own destinations ie media@sturgeonsound should go to media@sturgeonsound and not info@sturgeonsound.
          They are all set up in Cpanel. There is no edit button so i can;t go in and see that its correct but i am assuming so. I set up this laptop, we use outlook express 6, the way the tutorial said i should.
          Is there anything i am missing?

Comment

I think this is the first time you mentioned links from a website.

You mentioned earlier that its not working!!! Did you check your junk mail during your tests?
            This is typical if you are using Outlook as your mail client. It happens to me all the time.

As far as having several email accounts forwarding to one shouldn't pose any problems. I do this all the time.
            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
            X