Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to leave email message on server after downloading to Thunderbird / Windows Mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to leave email message on server after downloading to Thunderbird / Windows Mail

I would like to access my email accounts on my VodaHost server from three laptops and for all the laptops to show the same emails on them.
    I am currently using Thunderbird as my email client but I may change to Vista's home grown Mail client and Window's 7 Mail client.
    At the moment when I access the server with Thunderbird it clears the email down from the server. I want the message left on the server so I can access the file from the other machines. I would like the server file untouched and only synchronise after work has been done on emails so that if I download an email on laptopA then send a reply to userOne, then I synchonise laptopA to server.

Then if I go to LaptopB and synchronise I can see that UserOne has been emailed.

This works with my GMAIL accounts and I want it to work with my Voda accounts.

Hope you can help
    Jessamine

Re: How to leave email message on server after downloading to Thunderbird / Windows

Depends if the email clients has a 'leave message on sever' check box option.

I know Microsoft Outlook used to have this option because I used to download mail to 2 PC's.

This is a question you should perhaps ask your email client providers.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Re: How to leave email message on server after downloading to Thunderbird / Windows

Just googled it

Thunderbird

Windows

How to have a copy of email on the server and even when you download it using Windows Live Mail email client.
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Well that looks easy!
        I shall check that out tonight when I get home.
        Thank you very much.
        Cheers
        Winston

Comment

Working...
        X