• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greg Howard
    Private

• Jul 2008

Greg

Hi guys can anyone help?

I would like to set up a cron job or something similar to automatically delete all emails kept on the server weekly.

At present all email is forwarded to a desktop email client which is great however this still leaves a copy of the message on the server which I then have to remember to log in and delete - something which I regularly forget to do which leads to hundreds of emails taking up space on the server.

Is it possible to do this and if so could you please provide detailed instructions for me to follow as I am slightly out of my comfort zone with this type of thing.

Thank you in advance for any help given.

Greg

The Watercolour Artist.com
    Derbyshirewatercolour.com
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Greg

You have most probably set your email client on your computer to "Leave a copy of the message on the server".

If you untick that optin (in your Outlook Express or any other email client you are using) all messages will be automatically deleted after they have been downloaded on your desktop.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X